Wedding Party
Options

Kicking out a Bridesmaid

For the zillionth time:

1-Consider your WP before you pick them. Maybe even wait a few months after you get engaged to ask?!?!
2- There is NO POLITE WAY to kick out a WP member
3- Yes, it will end your friendship

Anyone else feel like they read the same thing over and over?
Anniversary

Re: Kicking out a Bridesmaid

• Options
    Lol when I saw the title I thought, "Oh, crap, not another one!"
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Brooke, me too! But then I realized OP's name looked familiar and hoped for the best.
  • Options
    haha-I knew i'd suck you guys in :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ditto brooke. I was thinking "OMG, have you NOT checked out the board?!"
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    I was ready to type "see below"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ditto Emily.  But even then, I was still scared.
  • Options
    Hahahah. I was thinking, "Here we go again...."
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    But my situation is SPECIAL!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    But I am a unique snowflake and she won't come to my BM meeting!  Waaaahhh!
  • Options
    So they fixed the ampersand thing?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Oh, I got nervous for a moment, too. Even with the name, I was like "I know her, she was doing so well! Wtf happened?". Lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Weird!  My computer crashed and it re-logged me in.  I guess I have both now.  Which should I use?
  • Options

I love when my pearls of wisdom get re-posted.

• Options
    I don't understand this entire thread. Apparently it's an inside joke. Looks like I will have to take my sadistic voyeurism of other people's drama to MTV's the Real World. 
  • Options
    Yes, it is a joke. a mean one. one that picks on brides freaking out... giving specific details aabout why the girl is no longer going to be in the court.
    It picks on girls that are trying to find a situation specific solution, and as you can tell there are girls on the board that are just ready to jump all over the poor stressing brides that come here for help and end up getting ridicule
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_kicking-out-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:020bec27-e618-4314-8145-041d791d9f30Post:6f4866c8-6bf3-458f-9e1c-c8c3cd75ce4c">Re: Kicking out a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it is a joke. a mean one. one that picks on brides freaking out... giving specific details aabout why the girl is no longer going to be in the court. It picks on girls that are trying to find a situation specific solution, and as you can tell there are girls on the board that are just ready to jump all over the poor stressing brides that come here for help and end up getting ridicule
    Posted by katiebenes[/QUOTE]

<div>If you dislike the advice so much, no one's forcing you to read it.</div><div>
    </div><div>99% of BM problems are friend problems and don't need to involve the wedding.  Since kicking out a BM almost NEVER reflects well on the bride (regardless of the reason), and since the question is asked 10 times a day with the same answer every. single. time, this seems more efficient :)  Even though every bride thinks she's a beautiful and unique snowflake and her situation is "totally different" than everyone else's.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    The first post is not a joke. It is a clarification. The "inside joke" about Leah/MyNameIsNot is that Leah's old SN was not allowed after the changeover because it had an ampersand, but apparently now she can use it.

Katie, please remove panties from bunch before posting. 99% of situations are not unique, and this advice is in fact the best solution. Also, it's not a court. We are not 17, it's not homecoming.
  • Options
    Katie, it wasn't a mean post it was a clarification like emily said. Stick around this board and you will begin to see what i'm talking about :)

Banana-I know...they were good pearls of wisdom though!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_kicking-out-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:020bec27-e618-4314-8145-041d791d9f30Post:6f4866c8-6bf3-458f-9e1c-c8c3cd75ce4c">Re: Kicking out a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it is a joke. a mean one. one that picks on brides freaking out... giving specific details aabout why the girl is no longer going to be in the court. It picks on girls that are trying to find a situation specific solution, and as you can tell there are girls on the board that are just ready to jump all over the poor stressing brides that come here for help and end up getting ridicule

It's tongue in cheek.

I think you might need to just lighten up a bit.  That's part of the thing here.  As a bride, freaking out over your bridal party just isn't worth it.
  • Options
    Suz- I don't know you, but I like you after this post : ) Although, I was waiting to read some fun drama, and sadly there wasn't any (worthwhile). Plus, you look like one of my friends and it freaked me out a little when I looked at your pic.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_kicking-out-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:020bec27-e618-4314-8145-041d791d9f30Post:6f4866c8-6bf3-458f-9e1c-c8c3cd75ce4c">Re: Kicking out a Bridesmaid</a>:

Yes, it's a joke.  It picks on girls that are nasty enough to ruin friendships over a party.  Sadly, there are a lot of selfish people like that out there. 
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I'm debating turning into a validation machine. Maybe I'm just tired of reading the same "Can I do this totally rude thing because I'm special-er than the other 50 billion brides that asked the exact same question?" everyday on every board (Kicking out BP members is bad, head tables w/o BP dates are hypocritical, having a cash bar because you're "above supporting alcoholisn" is a bs reason .... ).

I'm not invited to any of these weddings, I'm not any of these brides' friends or family members, I don't have to see these people at Christmas. Screw it, be a b!tch, it's no skin off my nose if everybody you know secretly (or not-so-secretly) thinks you suck.

Lol, Meg clearly needs a break.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_kicking-out-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:020bec27-e618-4314-8145-041d791d9f30Post:c2fbc9e0-a09e-4035-b6b8-281d9cd55887">Re: Kicking out a Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Suz- I don't know you, but I like you after this post : ) Although, I was waiting to read some fun drama, and sadly there wasn't any (worthwhile). Plus, you look like one of my friends and it freaked me out a little when I looked at your pic.
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

<div><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">Exactly, Mags. That is what I meant by my post (that I was just coming on here for some entertaining drama) - thought that the sarcasm would seep out of the comparison to The Real World... I did not mean to start a knot-fight. Maybe I need to learn to use emoticons. </span></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div><div><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">:)</span></font></div>
  • Options
    Katie: Chill.  Just chill.  

If we all stopped reading the posts no one would get advice from brides who have been there, done that. 
    Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards