Wedding Party

What are your plans tonight?

2»

Re: What are your plans tonight?

• I think it's freaking hilarious. The girl HAS to be a troll. I can't believe someone would freak out THAT much over nothing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Man, for being from the 1920s, the mods really know how to use a computer. Crazy. I had no idea TK had mastered time travel.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And I just realized I start a lot of posts with, "man," and I swear I'm not just paging you a billion times a day, Manwa. I need to start saying, "Wow," or "Geez," more.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:f8dcd260-04af-45bd-bb77-981fae414a1f">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I just realized I start a lot of posts with, "man," and I swear I'm not just paging you a billion times a day, Manwa. I need to start saying, "Wow," or "Geez," more.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

I have this habit of starting post sentences with "Dude". And I know it comes from the fact that I refer to most people (Male or female) IRL as "Dude". I've been trying really hard to work on it ... but it's like breaking my addictions to "lol", "absolutely",
    "seriously" and "totally".

When you break down my list of "Way Over-used Words" how I've never been accused of being 17 on here is mind boggling.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • That's okay Meg. Throughout the day in both posts and real life I have to remove about 1 million "like"s from my vocab.

Like woah amount of likes.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just opened thr xbox kinect and tried out the new dance game. It's a lot of fun. I'm pretty good at it.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:5532adc7-d9c7-4770-9768-2af744958468">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your plans tonight? : I have this habit of starting post sentences with "Dude". And I know it comes from the fact that I refer to most people (Male or female) IRL as "Dude". I've been trying really hard to work on it ... but it's like breaking my addictions to "lol", "absolutely", "seriously" and "totally". When you break down my list of "Way Over-used Words" how I've never been accused of being 17 on here is mind boggling.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    My verbal tick is starting sentences with "So" when it's entirely inappropriate.  I actually gave it to one of my NaNo characters to help me with her dialogue.  I also use "like" far too much in person.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:5bdcdf15-8db3-4ff7-be2f-e713911f096c">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, for being from the 1920s, the mods really know how to use a computer. Crazy. I had no idea TK had mastered time travel.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

Does it count that I absolutely love the fashion from the 1920's (and 1930's)?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Okay, for all you girls interested in Epic Mickey, I can safely say that it's worth playing...  Once.  Because for all the hype from the studio about how your choices have a radical effect on gameplay and it's totally different if you take the different path, they lie.  It's exactly the same storyline, and the scenes between Mickey and Oswald are unchanged regardless of what you do.  There's a montage over Yen Sid's monologue that shows the aftermath of your major choices, but that's it. 

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.  I was really looking forward to a game that was more similar to a Choose Your Own Adventure book where the plot changes significantly depending upon your choices and there are multiple, very different endings.  Sigh.  Someday.

It's still a fun and interesting game and definitely enjoyable for Disney fans, just don't bother with a second playthrough unless you're a crazy completionist like me and want to get all the pins and extra content.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:0ef296d9-112f-409b-a74f-f09f41e2edf3">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just opened thr xbox kinect and tried out the new dance game. It's a lot of fun. I'm pretty good at it.
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Just Dance? We got that for Wii! SOOOOO fun. And actually a pretty decent workout if you do it for long enough. Definitely good for the days where I can't quite motivate myself to do something more intense. Like, leave the house.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:2af2ad2b-0fc2-488f-9de2-1a93af42cd20">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, for all you girls interested in Epic Mickey, I can safely say that it's worth playing...  Once.  Because for all the hype from the studio about how your choices have a radical effect on gameplay and it's totally different if you take the different path, they lie.  It's exactly the same storyline, and the scenes between Mickey and Oswald are unchanged regardless of what you do.  There's a montage over Yen Sid's monologue that shows the aftermath of your major choices, but that's it.  Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.  I was really looking forward to a game that was more similar to a Choose Your Own Adventure book where the plot changes significantly depending upon your choices and there are multiple, very different endings.  Sigh.  Someday. It's still a fun and interesting game and definitely enjoyable for Disney fans, just don't bother with a second playthrough unless you're a crazy completionist like me and want to get all the pins and extra content.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? I mean, I'm still going to play. But really? There are no alternate endings?

To me, half the fun of games with options is finding out what the different endings are!
    I'm guessing since the game is geared to target a younger audience as well as an older one, they didn't want some kid upset that they destroyed Disney Land or something? Shrug.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I don't know if either of you have PS3, but if you're looking for a game with absolutely different storylines and endings depending on what you choose to do in the game, try Heavy Rain. That game blew H and I away. Letting someone die or saving someone's life, choosing not to wipe away fingerprints on crime scenes, etc. all equals a different outcome.

My brain was scrambled eggs by the end, I was so impressed. And then we played through it again and again and again to get all the different possibilities.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's a really neat game. Promise. It uses the sixaxis controller like woah and it just feels different from other games. It starts out so peacefully, like wiggle your controller to get your character to brush his teeth, and by the end of the story it's like, hit the square button NOW and tip your controller to the left or else you're dead, oh you missed, you're dead. And your ending is different. Bwahahaha.

My H, perennial bad driver, had me do the car chase scenes because he panicked way too much to do it correctly. It's definitely a team game.

You won't regret getting it when you do eventually bite the PS3 bullet.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, Meg, I was pretty pissed.  I actually went to YouTube to see if I'd done something wrong, because I'd acted like a d!ck the entire game (and even had characters yelling at me for breaking everything) and I still got a happy ending.  Each of the characters you interact with does get a different ending depending on how you deal with them, but like I said, it's all just in the final montage.  So I guess there are technically "bunches and bunches of endings" as they claim, but they're not substantially different.  Like, I went the Thinner route for just about everything but still completed most of Horace's sidequests, so his three-second shot was happy while everyone else's was sad.  And I didn't put Donald and Goofy back together on my Paint run because I missed the parts (and like I said, there's very little backtracking possible), so their three-second shots were sad while everyone else's were happy.  I definitely blame executive meddling for that.

Licia, my understanding was that the plot of Heavy Rain wasn't substantially changed either?  That there are different outcomes, but the core story is still the same.  We have it but I haven't played it yet, so I might be wrong. 

For your amusement:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1528-Heavy-Rain

• The plot isn't epically changed, but depending on whose alive, what you do in certain scenes, certain things do or do not happen as the game progresses. Like, whole parts of the story are missing, the ending is totally different, etc.

I just talked it over with my H, because this is apparently what we do on lunch breaks, and we decided the best way to explain it is that you do end up in the same place, but the circumstances of how you got there and who else got there and how the story ends are up to the player.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards