Wedding Party

Dad's Tux - HELP!

I am running into a little drama over the tuxes for the dad's. My fiance would like to put the dad's in gold vests to match the wedding party. My mom on the other hand is freaking out that my dad's vest will clash with her red dress. What do the dad's typically wear? Do they usually match the wedding party or their wives? Thank you!!!

Re: Dad's Tux - HELP!

• How about letting the dads decide? They're the ones who will actually be wearing the tuxes. Parents aren't part of the wedding party, so you don't need to choose their attire for them unelss they ask. And for what it's worth, gold is a neutral color so it wouldn't clash with red. If the choice were mine, I would have the dads in classic black. But let THEM make the color call.
  • Dads can do whatever they want. No need to match the wedding party. I'd rather appease Mom and have Dad's tux compliment her outfit. They'll be the ones photographed together, walking together, etc.
  • Unless your dads are attendants, they choose their own attire.  That means they decide whether to wear a tux or a suit, they decide which vest/tie they will wear, and they don't match anyone.
  • our groomsmen are wearing blue vests and ties. My dad wants to wear a tux but we ordered him a black vest and tie because he didnt want to match the groomsmen. But i think its totally up to your dad want he wants to wear!
  • Dads wear whatever they want as they are not part of teh WP .  
  • My dad's on his own about what he's wearing.  He's getting a tux, and we gave him our group's info so he could get a discount on it, but he's picking it out himself.  I don't see any reason why the dad's have to match.
  • If the dads WANT to wear tuxes then it's fine for them to be in them.  However they're not required to do that.If your dad is into it and he's in a gold vest, keep in mind that gold is a neutral so it should coordinate with all colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards