Wedding Party
Options

Problems with mother

Mom drives me up a wall on the daily...

What's the protocol on having her with me when im getting ready on the day of my wedding? Doesnt matter if its a holiday, prom, funeral or wedding she finds a way to insult and make me crazy.

As soon as she saw my wedding dress she rolled her eyes.

trying not to deal with that
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Problems with mother

• Options

Could someone possibly talk to her, if not you and tell her how you feel when she does these things? Otherwise I would ask MOH if she is willing to help you get ready before the wedding and let your mom know that you have things covered.

I know when I was going to my prom my now FMIL came into the room, saw me in my dress and made some comments that I didn't really care to hear from her and they hurt. But when my now FI saw me in my prom dress I completely forgot about what she had to say because his facial expression was priceless and I knew nothing she said was important.

• Options
    amanda1611tamanda1611t member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    She knows I cant stand her. Thinking about telling her she can come in while im getting laced up into my corset gown. so ill already be in it and ready to go it would just have to be laced and im out the door

and im not being rude either. if you knew this woman you would understand
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We will be in the bridal suite of the place. so i really dont have to open the door for anyone lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Maybe see if there's someone who can drag her away while you're getting ready? "Oh Marie, I think there's something wrong with the programs, can you come help us out?  This is an emergency!"

This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I've been married twice. Neither time was my mother present while I dressed. And it wasn't because she drove me nuts or anything, it just wasn't even something that was considered. I don't recall her being in the room when we were dressing for my two sisters' weddings, either. 

Given the history of her insensitivity and lack of tact, I think it's fine to just tell her you have it covered and you and your BMs get dressed in the bridal suite. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards