Wedding Party
Options

Happy Friday!

How goes it everyone? Having a good Friday so far? 

I had candy cane oreos covered in white chocolate today. They were the greatest cookies I have ever had. The benefits of working at a church where little old ladies bring in Christmas cookies by the tons, although it's doubtful whether I'll fit through the office door anymore if cookies keep showing up on my desk.

Any awesome weekend plans? Holiday plans? Anything to distract me from these awesome cookies so I won't gain 900 pounds?

It's a girl!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Happy Friday!

• Options
    I'm leaving for work in a few minutes.  When I get home tonight I'm going to attempt a panetonne if DH buys all the ingredients while at the store this afternoon.  Otherwise, I'll make butter cookies.  Also have to finish wrapping presents when I get home.  DH will be making dinner and I can't wait to see what he has for us :)
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:f933f9e8-3ed1-4f2d-ad8f-d75bd16abbb7">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm leaving for work in a few minutes.  <strong>When I get home tonight I'm going to attempt a panetonne</strong> if DH buys all the ingredients while at the store this afternoon.  Otherwise, I'll make butter cookies.  Also have to finish wrapping presents when I get home.  DH will be making dinner and I can't wait to see what he has for us :)
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

If this works out, please share the recipe if you don't mind. I've been wanting to try panetonne ever since Giada got on Best Thing I Ever Ate and started describing it.

Today, I'm going to bounce around until this place I interviewed at yesterday calls me to let me know one way or the other. They said that it might wait till Monday, but I really hope they don't wait that long.

And my car's getting an oil change. Whooo.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options

DH's family Christmas party is tomorrow, so we're heading up the Poconos in the morning, and spending the weekend at his dad's. I'm already hearing that we're supposed to get tons of snow on Sunday, though ... so I'm really hoping that we don't stay too long Sunday morning.

Truthfully, neither of us really want to go. But it's the only time during the year all of his cousins and stuff get together, so if you don't go, you get judged-you get judged hard.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Those cookies do sound yummy!

H made the Chilean national handball team, so I'm a happy wife right now. The team qualified for the world championships for the first time ever back in June, but he wasn't playing with them because of wedding/HM stuff. He's been training since August, and last night they found out who's going to Sweden for the tournament. I'm so proud of him :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:66def84e-c870-4356-b7b7-a035d59edc63">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Googled panettone. I second Manwa, you have to share the recipe if it works out. It sounds yum-my!<strong> Manwa, for your sake, I hope they call you today, too. It sucks waiting for interviewers to get back to you. All I ever do after an interview is think of the 90 different ways I could have answered a question.</strong>
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing right now. It's so disturbing.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:c17bceb3-dd03-4956-8618-bf74ec9d475b">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH's family Christmas party is tomorrow, so we're heading up the Poconos in the morning, and spending the weekend at his dad's. I'm already hearing that we're supposed to get tons of snow on Sunday, though ... so I'm really hoping that we don't stay too long Sunday morning. Truthfully, neither of us really want to go. <strong>But it's the only time during the year all of his cousins and stuff get together, so if you don't go, you get judged-you get judged hard.
    </strong>Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

There is a standing rule between all of us in my extended family: If you are not present at a family gathering, you have given those present the permission to judge and criticize everything about yourself and your life.

The first time I skipped Thanksgiving to be with H's family, my mom said, "You know we're going to talk about you, right?!"

Oh, family...judgement, apparently, is what unconditional love is made of.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, let us know if the recipe is good. We had a german exchange student in 2005 and she brought a boxed panetone. I didn't like it though....
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Today is spa day!  I've been looking forward to this day for months, unfortunately I have the beginnings of a migraine so hopefully that will go away soon.  

Emily- congrats to your husband!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Isn't it just wonderful? The thing is, a lot of the people in DH's family are incredibly fake. It's like being in high school, you get greeted "Oh, it's so great to see you! We need to get together more often!" and then the second you leave the room "Can you believe that they did this/said that/wore this/bought that?".

Some of them are genuinely nice people (And I love them!) ... but seriously the rest of them have this stupid little clique, that DH is clearly not a part of (And by association, I'm not allowed to be a part of), it's like being in high school ... only everybody's drunk and related.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Woo!  Happy Friday!

Manwa, I want to wish you a very happy and wonderful wedding day if I don't talk to you before then.  I'm sure it will be fantastic, and I look forward to pictures!!!

H and I have a work related but not work Christmas party to go to tonight.  It's just with some friends of mine that I use to work with.

Tomorrow I plan on baking cookies allllll day and possibly wrapping presents.  On my list of cookies to make are: sugar cookie cutouts, snickerdoodles, mint petites, and round sugar cookies that have the tops dipped in either green or red sprinkles. nom nom.

Meg - I hear you on the judgeyness.  H's family is really bad about it.  We are hosting Christmas for his mom's side this year, and people keep asking me what they should bring.  I'm hesitant to assign things because I know it'll end up..."She told me to bring green bean casserole, but I ALWAYS bring pasta salad.  She must hate my pasta salad and hate me!"  So I just told people to bring whatever they normally bring. : /
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:7292a570-4682-4059-9fbe-1da468c0c250">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it just wonderful? The thing is, a lot of the people in DH's family are incredibly fake. It's like being in high school, you get greeted "Oh, it's so great to see you! We need to get together more often!" and then the second you leave the room "Can you believe that they did this/said that/wore this/bought that?". Some of them are genuinely nice people (And I love them!) ... but seriously the rest of them have this stupid little clique, that DH is clearly not a part of (And by association, I'm not allowed to be a part of), it's like being in high school ... only everybody's drunk and related.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If I had relatives in Jersey I would wonder if we're long lost cousins.  My family is nuts this year.  My dad's side.  My grandpa passed away last year, and every year Christmas is kind of a big deal, but everyone made a big deal about everyone trying to be in KS for this year for my grandma.  Well, low and behold these same people were just trying to up and change the day we had all agreed to last year because they hadn't planned around it.  I said whatev and made plans with my aunt in Cleveland (since no one ever goes to see her!)  </div><div>
    </div><div>It's my last day at work everyone!  I currently work in an office and I wouldn't say I hate it, but I would say I don't enjoy it.  I'll be trying to work on my Master's soon... currently comparing programs.  I'm so jazzed to have time off.  I also work weekends with an Autistic boy, so I don't get days off.  I don't complain about it much, but it does get to me sometimes that I just don't have free time, so I'm excited to have Monday and Tuesday completely free.

</div>
  • Options
    jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:7292a570-4682-4059-9fbe-1da468c0c250">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't it just wonderful? The thing is, a lot of the people in DH's family are incredibly fake. It's like being in high school, you get greeted "Oh, it's so great to see you! We need to get together more often!" and then the second you leave the room "Can you believe that they did this/said that/wore this/bought that?". Some of them are genuinely nice people (And I love them!) ... but seriously the rest of them have this stupid little clique, that DH is clearly not a part of (And by association, I'm not allowed to be a part of), it's like being in high school ... only everybody's drunk and related.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

<div>Sounds like both my and FI's families...but my family don't talk to each other, so more his.</div><div>
    </div><div>My Friday was supposed to be better, but it's not yet...my cousin was supposed to come and spend the night, but she's 20 and a big whiner and isn't used to working a 40-hour week because she isn't responsible for anyone but herself. I guess I'm a bit bitter, but she had called me asking to take her Xmas shopping today, then called me crying Wednesday because she and her dad had a fight...</div><div>
    </div><div>I am supposed to have a lunch date with my friend today, though..but her sister probably stole her gift card because she's become a horrible person and probably stole it. Otherwise, I guess I get to stay home and watch movies and clean up the disaster that is my post-cookie kitchen. That was totally fun, though...7 kids, 4 adults, 2 kinds of cookie dough and a buttload of cutters and decorations :) Almost every single cookie got eaten or taken home :)</div>
  • Options
    Thanks, Frogurt =) My dad has this new camera he won't put down so I know there will be plenty of pictures.

Meg, my FI's "clan" (that's what I call them, family would be too tame of a word) is the same way. I feel your pain.

Jagore, I'm jealous.

Marissa, what are you looking to study?

Photobucket
  • Options
    I want to be a teacher.  I worked with kids throughout college but didn't want to be a teacher back then (I was thinking I'd be on my own.... aka poor) but after we moved up here and got engaged, I don't really want a crazy busy PR career.  I nannied for a while after college and I think I just enjoy my days more when I'm with kids.  
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Some of them are genuinely nice people (And I love them!) ... but seriously the rest of them have this stupid little clique, that DH is clearly not a part of (And by association, I'm not allowed to be a part of),<strong> it's like being in high school ... only everybody's drunk and related.</strong>
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    This is H's family EXACTLY.
  • Options
    Emilly - Congratulations to your husband! I remember around the time you got married you had mentioned he wasn't able to do all that he wanted with his handball team, so that is awesome that he made the national team. Wohoo!
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Jamie, by the way, I tried to add you on FB last night, but either I am not allowed to due to your privacty settings or I don't know where to find "add friend" on the new profile.
  • Options
    I'm glad that other people feel my pain (Sorry for being a whiney-pants about it all). In general, I don't really care for my in-laws (His mom's or his dad's family), but DH doesn't care for them either ... but he feels guilty about not liking them, so it creates all sorts of conflicts this time of year (And obviously, it's not really "my place" to get too involved with it)

We catch a lot of flack from them for spending more time with my family. Well, my family lives in the same town as us, of course we spend more time with them! It also doesn't hurt that my family for the most part is really nice, albeit crazy.

• Options
    Last exam today.  Thrilled at the thought of it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:db269a4d-7bf1-4da6-b74f-0ab3086378a4">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last exam today.  Thrilled at the thought of it.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

Wohoo! That sounds like a day with a soundtrack of the Hallelujah Chorus.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:bd342d2b-36ff-481d-84b0-4f377eac977a">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Wohoo! That sounds like a day with a soundtrack of the Hallelujah Chorus.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

<div>They used to always play that in the halls in high school when it was our last day before a break.  It was truly glorious.</div>
  • Options
    Bahahaha Marissa! That sounds hilarious. I love it.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:db269a4d-7bf1-4da6-b74f-0ab3086378a4">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last exam today.  Thrilled at the thought of it.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

WOOOOO!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:e4c50095-4520-4d9f-8eda-f1148c7d9742">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks :) Jamie, by the way, I tried to add you on FB last night, but either I am not allowed to due to your privacty settings or I don't know where to find "add friend" on the new profile.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

<div>I just fixed the setting so that everyone can request me...I had it shut off because my annoying aunt kept requesting me and after the third denial, I'd have thought she'd give up...</div><div>
    </div><div>BTW, congrats to your hubby!</div>
  • Options
    WooHoo Brooke!  Good luck on your last exam!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Go, Brooke, GO!

Emily, congrats for your husband!

Manwa, I hope they call soon. I hate "sitting by the phone" for anything.

And Jagore, I'm freakin' jealous. I haven't had a spa day in a while, and I could really use a good massage.

• Options
    I'm seriously considering ordering pannetone from the place Giada described.  Apparently they ship.  Please do share the recipe if it's good, maybe I'll add that to my ambitious baking schedule for winter recess.

We've got a busy weekend.  Tonight is the Thank Cthulu It's Over party for NaNoWriMo (though I still haven't actually finished the damn novel, I'm hoping to bang out the last of it on the train ride home).  We have tickets for an 11am showing of Tron tomorrow in IMAX 3D, and I am practically peeing myself with excitement.  I have been dying to see this movie since it was announced way back when; the critics are mixed but the fans are pretty unanimously happy with it, so I'm crazy excited.  Then it's my friend's epic annual Christmas party Saturday night.  Sunday will hopefully be quiet and filled with laundry and video games.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Oh wow.

Apparently my car is going to need new brakes. I had suspected as much, but I had hoped they would just be able to "turn the rotors". It sounds like that's not the case. The mechanic was very apologetic and said he hated having to tell a customer they needed new brakes cause it's always just a bad thing. This is one of the reasons I take my car to this garage though.

So $800 something dollars later, I'm going to have a nice, well-braking car.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_happy-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6dba3b26-0238-484b-872e-41d60a6cf349Post:ca275a1c-a87a-46da-a115-3137df35a196">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm super stoked about this weekend....and WHY you ask?  BECAUSE MY SUPER SUCKY SHOW IS CLOSING!!!! Woot!  Yep, Trixie and I will take our final bows on this sob story of a show on Sunday afternoon and I cannot WAIT! Oh and on Monday, we're flying back to CA. Yeah me!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Lol. I can tell you're completely broken up about this, Stina.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards