Wedding Party
Options

Can I have a different bridesmaid at the reception ( 1 mo later ) than at the destination wedding?

2»

Re: Can I have a different bridesmaid at the reception ( 1 mo later ) than at the destination wedding?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_can-i-have-a-different-bridesmaid-at-the-reception-than-at-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7c6141a2-c4b2-4945-af51-200e9f2e05e2Post:e006227f-c1f2-471a-b888-0fc702e50fda">Re: Can I have a different bridesmaid at the reception ( 1 mo later ) than at the destination wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]   Choreographed dances are EWWWW!  You are using your guests as a captive audience to amateur performances that are inappropriate in the first place?  If you go through with this plan, you will look like one of the biggest AWs in town.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

I'm late for this discussion, but thank you for saying this. The last wedding that I attended had10 bms and 10 gm, or more - I lost count. Many of them gave speeches filled with inside jokes about the couple. A few relatives also took the mic, too. Most of them were excellent speakers, but let me tell you, it was excruciating for the guests to sit through that. When it was clear to me that we were in it for the long haul, I headed to the ladies room.  Many of the wedding guests were lined up at the bar or outside, killing time in the courtyard smoking area. If we had to sit through an awkward choreographed dance on top of that, I'm not sure we would have stayed at that wedding. Clearing the dance floor or delaying the meal, for multiple speeches and spotlight dances, kills the party.

• Options
    Choreographed dances make me feel embarrassed for those poor fools that were wrangled into it.  You said that they all volunteered to help decorate and came up with many ideas for the AHR...did that also include making a complete a$$ out of themselves with a stupid choreographed dance, that will most likely look like a complete mess?

From reading the other posts it doesn't seem like you are going to listen to any of us so I just have one request...please record this disaster of a dance and planned-out-to-the-very-second AHR and post it on YouTube for all our enjoyment later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards