Wedding Party
Options

Petty AW-ing: Woohoo! Yes! Other joyous phrases!

My crazy old lady neighbor responsible for stealing my cable and leaving nasty, misspelled, passive aggressive notes on my door at least once a month is moving out!

*happy dance*

I know it's petty, but I am so relieved that she is gone.

Who else has something wonderful to share?
It's a girl!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Petty AW-ing: Woohoo! Yes! Other joyous phrases!

• Options
    Yay for you! I'll play.

It's my birthday! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy birthday Suz! Any big plans?
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yippee for Licia!    How soon until she's out?  Won't it be nice to come home without worrying about finding a snotty note on your door?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thanks Licia. We are having a big family July 4th/birthday cookout this weekend!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's great - no more crazy neighbor!

They took down the listing for the apartment we want, so I'm pretty sure its ours.  And we have a move date that is later than I'd like, but at least it is a move date.

Also, DH realized he never got paid for some remote work he was doing for a couple weeks before the wedding and followed up on that.  So now it will be a nice bonus, because I'd forgotten about it completely.
  • Options

Absolutely, trix. It got really bad this past month for some reason. She was leaving some terrible notes on my door for really ridiculous things - like how I lock the exterior door to our apartment building when I leave for work in the morning. Apparently, I'm not supposed to care about building security and just leave the door propped open 24/7. Who knew?

I believe she has to be out by July 1, or at least that's when rent for July is due.

I just had a moment of panic thinking, "Oh no...what if she plans on taking a month to move out..."

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_petty-aw-ing-woohoo-yes-other-joyous-phrases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7dd63219-61ac-435e-bc8b-9bfdfa9a8c7aPost:00ad6e89-e0a0-44ba-98d4-4c55f034043b">Re: Petty AW-ing: Woohoo! Yes! Other joyous phrases!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great - no more crazy neighbor! They took down the listing for the apartment we want, so I'm pretty sure its ours.  And we have a move date that is later than I'd like, but at least it is a move date. Also, DH realized he never got paid for some remote work he was doing for a couple weeks before the wedding and followed up on that.  So now it will be a nice bonus, because I'd forgotten about it completely.
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]

That's fantastic! Good news with moving and money, what more could anyone hope for?
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday suz!  Enjoy your "spay-shul" day.  =[)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Welll a job for when we move would be great, but I'll keep working on that one.

I hope your next neighbor is a much more stable person.
  • Options
    Yay, Licia! And Happy Bday, Suz!

My happy news - I'm going to Napa Valley this wknd for 4th of July! DH is out there now on business so I'm going to join him rather than him fly back home for the wknd and we're going to see San Fran (and tour Alcatraz!) and visit from wineries in Napa Valley. I can't wait - I packed last night!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    We had a 3 day weekend here, so today is the first day of my week...never a bad thing. Overall this weekend was pretty low-key but good, except for the part where the men's national handball team* qualified for the world championships for the first time ever!!! That part was good, but the celebration was decidedly not low-key :) The tournament they just played in also means that one of H's best friends is in town from Spain, so it's been good to see him and his wife.

*Team handball doesn't really exist in the US, and it's not some strange raquet ball type game which is what people usually think of when I say it. It's a contact sport that's big in Europe.
  • Options
    Haha you should write her a goodbye note saying how much you'll miss these things about her!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_petty-aw-ing-woohoo-yes-other-joyous-phrases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7dd63219-61ac-435e-bc8b-9bfdfa9a8c7aPost:97e02088-1f9d-4eda-924f-af59727cf423">Re: Petty AW-ing: Woohoo! Yes! Other joyous phrases!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha you should write her a goodbye note saying how much you'll miss these things about her!
    Posted by lmansir10[/QUOTE]

I've thought about it, but yikes, this lady frightens me. I just try to be sweet as pie to her and stay out of her way.

Although, I do secretly grade the notes she leaves me like they're essays for school. I've thought about leaving them in her mailbox, but I think they're better suited for my own amusement, lest I wish to unleash the wrath of crazy neighbor lady.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay Licia!  That's definitely something to be excited about.  It's always nice to not have to worry about snarky notes on the door when you come home :-)

And happy birthday, Suz!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

Gotta- that is awesome about the bonus money. It's like finding a 20 in your pants that you didn't know was there. I love that feeling.

CT - Napa Valley sounds fun. Would it be ok if I hid in your suitcase?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LOL - can you fit in a carry-on?
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Woo hoo!  Few things in life beat the departure of a crazy neighbor.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    CT- I've been doing Pilates...I'll try my hardest!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_petty-aw-ing-woohoo-yes-other-joyous-phrases?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7dd63219-61ac-435e-bc8b-9bfdfa9a8c7aPost:97e02088-1f9d-4eda-924f-af59727cf423">Re: Petty AW-ing: Woohoo! Yes! Other joyous phrases!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha you should write her a goodbye note saying how much you'll miss these things about her!
    Posted by lmansir10[/QUOTE]

I have to admit that I did something somewhat similar in a "not so great moment."  I lived in a small apartment complex at college and one neighbors dog was always off the leash, going to the bathroom wherever. My immediate, biotch of a neighbor thought it was my dogs and plastered my apartment doors and windows with nasty messages about picking up after my dog. I took down her notes and left them on her doorstep with my dog's droppings on top. He's not little either! Told you it was a "not so great" moment!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Suz, that's amazing. I mean yes, probably not the best thing you've ever done, but such a good story!

PS. Happy birthday
  • Options
    Suz, I've got the notes and the terrible neighbor. If you'll bring your dog by, I can bid this lady a fitting adieu.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks Emily!

Licia -See you in a few hours :)

Maybe you should leave her some dead flowers with a note attached. "Good luck in your new place. Here is a little something as lovely as you are for your new home."
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards