Wedding Party
Options

Bachlorette Party Ideas

Anyone got any good ideas for a fun and cost effective bachlorette party or trip. My youngest sister int the bridal party is 12 years old and im not much of a partier anyways. I thought about going to an amusment park but a couple girls really do not like rollercosters. The wedding is in october so a waterpark is a big no. Im thinking about dinner and a comedy shown, because theres really no concerts going on, around that time. Any ideas are welcome.

image165 Invited
image9 are ready to party
image0 Aren't coming
image156 Can't find their mail box
RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio/ Blog

Re: Bachlorette Party Ideas

• Options
    Have your friends asked you for ideas? Otherwise I would stay out of it and let them plan it. If they know that you are not into drinking/clubbing/whatever, and that the party has to be G-rated so your sister can attend, I am sure that they can come up with something.

If they are stuck and are asking you for specific ideas, maybe you could ask your local board to suggest specific restaurants and activities in your area. Maybe a restaurant that incorporates an "activity," like hibachi or fondue, would be nice.
  • Options
    Just because there's a 12 year old in the WP doesn't mean that the whole thing has to be kid-friendly (I doubt she'd be allowed in a comedy club anyway).  You could do a more inclusive thing earlier, like dinner, and then go on to do big girl stuff afterward.  Just an FYI.

Have the hostesses asked you what you want to do?  Let them take the lead for now.  Unless they told you "whatever you want," in which case what you proposed sounds fine.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Do you have a place like Dave & Busters near you? Something like a restaurant/arcade.. grown up chuck-e-cheese? That would be really fun, and you could drink in mixed company.. or not.

In any case, whoever is hosting gets to choose the activity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My DD had her b-party at Medieval Times followed by Dave & Busters.  They had a ball.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Medieval Times is a fun dinner/show based around well.... medieval times.  Knights, jousting, dinner.  Google it.  The closest one to Detroit is in Schaumburg, Ill. so it's probably too far to go to.  =(   But it was a lot of tun.  At the end, the winning knight gets to call down a "fair lady" from his section of the audience to be named Queen of Beauty or something like that

My DD was chosen when their knight won-he knew that it was her b-party, and by all accounts, it was just so much fun!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Re: What's medieval times: Did you see "The Cable Guy"?  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Most comedy clubs have vulgar material for 12 year olds.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    bowling?  ice skating?  I do like the comedy club idea though.
  • Options
    The idea that the wedding party organizes the bach party isn't always the case.  For a wedding I was in, the bride and groom just asked everyone out to dinner and a movie together, since all the wedding party was too spread out to know each other or organize anything.  But for my wedding, the moh and bm are planning sepparate parties for the bride and groom ;)  super exciting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards