Wedding Party

Did I plan my wedding wrong? A poll of sorts.

2»

Re: Did I plan my wedding wrong? A poll of sorts.

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who did not really use their BM for the planning,

Yes, some of my BM helped my address my invites (I think it was the company and the allure of wine which actually made them volunteer).  3 months before the wedding mind you.

My sister a few days before the wedding helped me with the table cards.

When I was a BM I helped out brides in the weeks/days before the wedding.  But never month or even years out.

I just do not understand all these brides wanting help months and years out.  Even DH and I got sick of wedding planning that far out.  I can't imagine how my WP members could keep up the excitement?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I can't imagine asking my BMs to be wedding planners. I heard them complain about other friends' weddings enough!!
  • venue?  FI And I

menu? FI And I

favors?None

cake flavors? me, FI, MOH and BM (they are dating, it works out so well :]
    invitations? me and FI

colors? OMG ME

dress? My MOH takes all the credit, she pulled it off the rack for me to try on. My mom was there, and approved of it, didn't really help pick it though.

photographer? me!

musicians? I did! Actually were just going to use iPod, but I found one who would also officiate and was super cheap, so I went with her.
    Photobucket
  • Venue - I selected five places to visit.  FH, his mom, my mom and I all went to visit them.  We all liked the same place, though FH and I ultimately made the decision.

Menu - We haven't picked it yet, but it will be FH and I.

Favors - Not sure if I'm going to do any.  My mom will probably want to make chocolate, and I'll let her if she wants to.

Cake flavors - Haven't done this yet.  Probably FH and I.

Invitations - I decided on the pieces that I wanted and ran them by FH.  I looked around online and found a site that let me do what I wanted.  I showed it to FH and we agreed on a design that we both liked.  My mom wants input on the wording, which may cause some issues with my dad.

Colors - I had one color in mind all along, which we are doing.  Once I picked the bridesmaid dresses, I picked a second color based on the pallate they had available, and FH didn't like it, so I changed it to something else he was happier with.

Dress - I asked FH for input on style before I went shopping but he wasn't very helpful.  I went once with some friends from work, and then actually bought a dress when I went with my mom.

Photographer - I have given this job to FH, which is why it isn't done yet.  :(

Musicians - Me, with FH's approval.

I don't understand assigning tasks to the wedding party.  Their job is to show up in the requested attire (which we are paying for) and stand next to us.  That's it!
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards