Wedding Party

MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party

Hi all!  So my future sister-in-law just asked if her mom and step-mom will be getting ready with my bridesmaids, my mother and I, on the day of.  Neither of them expressed interest in doing so, so I did not include them on the appointment for hair and make-up.  I could obviously change the appt since my wedding is so far out (October), but should I have made an appt for them anyway?  And what are everyone's experiences on MILs getting ready with the bride?

Re: MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party

• Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    It's not required.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Do you want them there with you?  If so, invite them. If not, you don't need to. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_mil-and-step-mil-getting-readyhair-done-with-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a87de45e-ba1d-4f55-9bbf-570b66068257Post:c3572d31-d4bb-4c90-b3a7-855c2e774bd7">Re: MIL and Step-MIL getting ready/hair done with bridal party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you want them there with you?  If so, invite them. If not, you don't need to. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

This.  I honestly don't even remember if I invited my MIL.  I don't know if you're "supposed to", but we're not close, so I didn't even think of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I included both, but you don't have to. I honestly don't know if I would have thought to if I didn't know my mom really, really wanted to get hers done though. Then, I invited FMIL because I think she should have the opportunity to have hers done if my mom does.
  • I don't think this is a 'have to' thing either.

FWIW, when I was a BM for BIL and SIL's wedding, MIL wanted the pre-wedding time as a quiet moment for her and BIL.  
  • I just booked my hairstylist / make-up artist for my October wedding for just my bridal party and my Mom. I felt bad not asking my FMIL, but she has family coming in from out of the country and I know she will want to get ready with them and it would be just too many people to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards