Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?

What is  your favorite thing about november?

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month?

Have you started Xmas shopping at all?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? I think we had 5 trick or treaters. Yep, 5! And they were all under the age of 5.
    What is  your favorite thing about november? My husband's birthday is today and I get to see my family.
    Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? If it's convenient.
    Have you started Xmas shopping at all? No, usually I am almost done by this point....damn you Trixie!

My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? Not a single one.

What is  your favorite thing about november? We're getting married!

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? Nope.

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? Not even thinking about Christmas yet.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? I wouldn't know...FI and I took the kids out trick-or-treating :) I did see a good bit of early-teens out...
    What is your favorite thing about november? Thanksgiving!
    Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? Never heard of it...
    Have you started Xmas shopping at all? Not yet, but we should start soon...planning on putting stuff on layaway to make it easier...have our two kids, DD's other brother, and FI's fam to buy for :)
  • Options
    Did you have a lot of trick or treaters? Yes, we are in a family friendly neighborhood and we had at least 200 kids come by!
    How many were 13 or older? I'd say about 50-60 kids.

Favorite thing about November? Thanksgiving/my brother's bday which is actually on Thanksgiving this year.

Mustache parties? What?

Started Christmas shopping yet? Nope. My mom had surgery last week on both her feet so i've been taking care of her. I usually start at this time of year though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? We don't get kids at all.

What is  your favorite thing about november? The day after Thanksgiving when I get to put up all my Christmas decorations!

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? No.

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? No, but I will start soon.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?
    We had about a dozen kids - and they were kids.  The cutest were a little girl dressed as a ladybug and a little 2 year old boy who was a fireman.

This November, it will be our reception in California.  FIL couldn't travel to the wedding so he asked if he could throw a reception for us out there. Every November, it is pulling out the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.

I've never heard of this.

Nope.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    We didn't get a single one this year. Oh well, more mini Hershey bars for me :)

November is one of slowest months (Possibly the slowest) for my job, so I'm not in a "crunch" to get a million things done every day.

I do not ... I've honestly never even heard of this.

I tend to wait until the last minute. But since my friends and siblings have a mutual "no gifts" rule, I really don't have a lot of people to buy for, so it's not a big deal .

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-246?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b317ccda-b052-450b-8bd1-1f108ca06232Post:6cac11be-b7a2-4c17-b38d-1aab6495a56f">WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? <strong>If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? Yes!  First year in the new house (first year in an actual neighborhood for me) and we had probably 40 or so.  Maybe 10-15 were teenagers. </strong> <div>What is  your favorite thing about november? <strong>My wedding.... just kidding.  I love Thanksgiving.  I'm a very grateful person throughout the year, so a holiday that focuses on being gracious is up my ally.  Also, can't get enough green bean casserole.  </strong><div> Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month?<strong> Not so much.</strong></div><div>Have you started Xmas shopping at all?  <strong>Bought my dad a pink panther t-shirt.  I think I have planned what I'm getting the rest of my fam, but won't probably have money until after the wedding.</strong>
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • Options
    No.  We only had about 10.  I was so dissapointed!  There was probably only one who was over 13.

My Birthday (which is the day after Thanksgiving this year), Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping, getting out Christmas decorations.

Never heard of it.

I am starting today!
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?  no trick or treaters.

What is  your favorite thing about november? Thanksgiving

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? never heard of them, so no

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? nope
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?  No trick-or-treaters.  Though we turned out the lights and went to bed early, so we weren't exactly encouraging them.

What is  your favorite thing about november?  It's National Novel Writing Month!  I've made a pretty decent start.

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month?  Never heard of it.

Have you started Xmas shopping at all?  I've ordered the wedding albums for the parents.  DH and I have decided that our Christmas gift to each other is going to be to get a Wii, and we do Secret Santa for the siblings, so really the only Christmas gift I have to buy is something for my brother.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Since no one has heard of mustache parties, let me clear the air. November is testicular cancer month. Breast cancer has walks and different ways to earn money. Men wanted to do something different, so there are organizations that get pledges for men who grow out their mustaches for November in honor of testicular cancer. For women that attend these parties, they usually wear fake mustaches, have mustaches drawn onto their fingers and place them under their lips, or some bars have stir sticks with mustaches on the end!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-246?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b317ccda-b052-450b-8bd1-1f108ca06232Post:12192118-17f5-4d1e-a116-ecf6a20b03be">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?   No trick-or-treaters.  Though we turned out the lights and went to bed early, so we weren't exactly encouraging them. What is  your favorite thing about november?   It's National Novel Writing Month!  I've made a pretty decent start. Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month?   Never heard of it. Have you started Xmas shopping at all?   I've ordered the wedding albums for the parents.  DH and I have decided that our Christmas gift to each other is going to be to get a Wii, and we do Secret Santa for the siblings, so really the only Christmas gift I have to buy is something for my brother.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

<div>Aerin - if you get a Wii and played Mario as a kid, you totally need to get the new one.  It's seriously awesome!</div><div>
    </div><div>On that note, best costume of last night was two young twin bros that were Mario and Luigi.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-246?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b317ccda-b052-450b-8bd1-1f108ca06232Post:03229549-9429-4860-b61d-b65c952edc8f">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aerin, get the Wii!!!!!! 2 words: Epic. Mickey.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    Why do you think we're getting it, silly?

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-246?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:b317ccda-b052-450b-8bd1-1f108ca06232Post:bce906a8-2523-4cbd-a7e3-e8d5cd84474a">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Why do you think we're getting it, silly?
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I seriously can't wait for that game to come out. They were showing clips at E3 and it just looks so ... epic.

The first article about the game we read was shortly before the wedding, we had never heard of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit prior to the article. When we were in Hollywood Studios on the HM, we took this little "walking tour" of Walt Disney's life, and we got all excited when we saw an Oswald picture: "Hey, we know who that is now!"

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I think it was reacquiring the rights to Oswald that gave everyone faith that maybe Bob Iger wasn't going to screw things up after all.  Getting Pixar back was the big smart business move, but I think getting Oswald back was an important show of faith for the fans that he really cared about the company's legacy.  I'm excited that they're actually doing something with the character instead of just releasing a DVD with all the old shorts and leaving it at that.

• Options

I feel the same way, it's a shame that all of those original characters had to be "locked away" for so long because of silly licensing rights ... I know legally everybody acted within their rights, but all of Disney's characters were created to be enjoyed by children, and it just seems wrong that for all of these years they were hidden away from everybody. It's nice knowing that they'll actually get to be a part of something big, instead of a compilation DVD that probably wouldn't do nearly as well in sales as this game will.

• Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older?  We had zero.

What is  your favorite thing about november?  My brother's birthday?  I'm not actually a huge November fan.  It's a busy stressful month that means exams are around the corner.  Plus, it's cold.

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month?  No.

Have you started Xmas shopping at all?  Nope.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? None, we live on the second floor of an apt and we don't have very many kids in here

What is  your favorite thing about november? cooler weather (hopefully), pumpkin pie, all the cooking and baking

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? nope, never heard of this before

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? nope, probably not going to do much either. We won't be home for either holiday and money has been tight anyway.

• Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? We had a few groups.

If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? Easily over 60%.  Where were the kiddies?

What is  your favorite thing about november? Shopping for the holidays (I do most of that online, so it's not excruciating) and this year Chanukah starts on the night of 11/30, so that'll probably be my favorite.

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? Never heard of any going on.

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? Well, my nephew's bday is 12/22 and I've started shopping for him, but don't know if that'll be birthday gift or Chanukah/Christmas gift.  And I've started "window shopping" for H.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    No, MIL turned off the light since we'd forgotten to pick up candy.

What is your favorite thing about november?
    Thanksgiving, the cooking, the weather.

I have heard of growing a mustache for November (Movember I think it's called?) but no parties, so no.

No. Probably not until around Thanksgiving, either.

Aerin, FI used to participate in NaNoWriMo too :^)
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? No. Trick or treaters don't really frequent college apartment complexes =( It's sad. I want to be that cool lady who gives out handfuls of candy. 

What is  your favorite thing about november? The cold. I love the cold. Really, I could go on and on about how it's too warm in Virginia, but I'll just say that I really love the cold.

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? Uhhh...what?

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? OHMYGOSH! FI and I decided we were doing food gifts this year for the majority on our Christmas list. We went thrifting this Saturday and found a BUNCH of Christmas tins (you know the ones) for $.25 a piece. I bought tons of them. I also got a cute red shirt for $3.50. And a Christmas ornament FI liked for $.35. I really, really love thrifting. But yeah, the most expensive part of this whole gift thing is the food part because the stuff we're putting 'em in was dirt cheap. I've been wanting to gush about that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Did you have lots of trick or treaters come by your door? If so, how many of them were around the age of 13 or older? Not at our apartment, but we went to a friend's house in a subdivision and they had a bunch.  There were a bunch of teenagers, but not a ridiculous amount.

What is  your favorite thing about november? It gets really chilly and TURKEY!

Do you attend any mustache parties for testicular cancer month? Nope (but I'm glad you explained it, Stina, I had no idea what you were talking about)

Have you started Xmas shopping at all? Nope, not at all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards