Wedding Party
Options

Brother as a bridesmaid?

My FI has 5 other siblings, 2 older brothers and 3 younger sisters, none of which are in the actual wedding party. I have one brother whom i'm very close with. He's not keen on the idea of having him as a groomsman since they are not that close. I can't put him as an usher. Should I press the issue (I know I can get my way) or should I just appoint him as a "bridesman?" How would I get him down the isle?

Re: Brother as a bridesmaid?

• Options
    If you want him in the BP, have him stand on your side. But you shouldn't press it on your FI if he already said that he didn't want to. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Don't press the issue.  Ask your brother to be a bridesman.
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment

If you want him to stand up, he stands up on your side.

• Options
    I wasn't trying to come off all "bridezilla-like." I guess it kinda sounded that way! It was more of my parents telling me that he has to be on the groom's side. I didn't even think about it since i've never had to. I just thought if he really wanted his sister in the wedding that I would happily oblige. I think that I'm just gonna ask my bro and hope he doesn't care that he's not with "the guys." Would I just have him walk down by himself? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_brother-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:dfbe399b-48e7-4eeb-90cc-3c656615af6dPost:6f079af5-c505-4d04-af57-349d7cca7da6">Re: Brother as a bridesmaid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't trying to come off all "bridezilla-like." I guess it kinda sounded that way! It was more of my parents telling me that he has to be on the groom's side. I didn't even think about it since i've never had to. I just thought if he really wanted his sister in the wedding that I would happily oblige. I think that I'm just gonna ask my bro and <strong>hope he doesn't care that he's not with "the guys</strong>." Would I just have him walk down by himself? 
    Posted by jbock314[/QUOTE]

<div>He won't. I promise. He's your brother and he loves you. It's probably a HUGE honor for him to stand up for his sister. And ignore your parents. It's not their wedding, and it's not 1980. Men can stand on the bride's side, and women can stand on the groom's side.</div>
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    No one called you bridezilla-like.

That's up to you to figure out at the rehearsal.
  • Options
    What do you mean, how would he get down the aisle?  Presumably he can walk, or if not he has some other means of mobility.  He can walk by himself, or with whomever.  If he's walking down with another guy, they don't have to link arms or anything, they can just walk side by side.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    It's all good! I just asked him and he was thrilled!! He told me he would just do the worm down the aisle!!! Thank God for big bros :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards