Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids gifts

Is giving personalized hot pink flasks as bridesmaids gifts tacky? I need some other suggestions because I'm not too sure on them. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids gifts

• Options
    I don't know who uses flasks anymore.  It's not tacky so much as useless.

What would you buy if it was their birthdays?  Think of what that would be.  Then shop accordingly.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Ditto brooke.  I don't know that I'd use a flask.  Think of your BM's individual likes and dislikes.  Shop like it's a birthday gift!
  • Options
    A flask is one of those things that sounds really cool in theory, but ends up just in a drawer somewhere, since the only use it has is the very sketchy one of sneaking alcohol in somewhere.

Stop searching for "bridesmaid gifts" and just search for gifts.  They don't have to all get the same thing (though they should all be in about the same price range).
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Are all of your BMs the sort of people that would carry around liquor with them normally?  If so, a flask would make sense.  If not, probably not.

Stop thinking of it in terms of a BM gift and start thinking in terms of a gift for my friend.  You don't have to get them all the same thing.  Think about their personalities, likes and interests, and go from there. 
  • Options

personally, flasks were something we gave out in college...

i got everyone monogrammed pashminas

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    Monogrammed stuff can be tricky.  I'd love a pashmina.  A monogrammed one?  I don't know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaids-gifts-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f9c22b0a-8359-4e00-b969-4b10e9c9d05aPost:432b28bd-666e-43d2-a13a-fd87ae5d7651">Re: Bridesmaids gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monogrammed stuff can be tricky.  I'd love a pashmina.  A monogrammed one?  I don't know.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

the monogram is small, only about 1 1/2 inches and it's tonal so it's not really noticeable if you didn't know it was there...

but my friends and i are also monogram junkies...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options

My friends and I use flasks when we go snowboarding.  We carry wiskey to spike hot cocoa on the slopes, so not so bad a gift for some. 

Here are some gifts I've received and have given (plus stuff that other friends have used), most served dual purposes (gift and could be used for the wedding day): earrings (to be worn on the wedding day), platform flipflops (for the reception), pashmina (for the wedding day), brown satin strappy stillettos (for the wedding), necklace, unii make-up palette.  

• Options
    I'm planning on having my photographer take a photo of me with each of my bridesmaids, then having them printed and finding a cute frame to match their personality.  My sister did this for her wedding, and it's one of the only photos I have never changed!  I think it's a great way to create and gift and a keepsake of a day every girl wants to share with her sister/close friends. 

I have to admit, frugal2 had a great idea that I never thought of.  My FI and I love to go snowshoeing, and a flask would be a lot more convenient than buying those expensive little bottles all the time!  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards