Interfaith Weddings
Options

Irish Druid/Chinese Taoist

I am Irish Italian and am a practicing pagan. My fiance is 1st generation Chinese/Cambodian Buddhist-Taoist. So clearly this is an interesting combo. We've decided on 2 separate ceremonies, however, coming up with a way to design a reception that incorporates both our cultures is cumbersome. I have been trying to find examples of incorporating Chinese culture with any form of American culture and thus far I haven't had much luck. Any advice?

Re: Irish Druid/Chinese Taoist

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are crafty, you could stencil runners with Celtic symbols alternated with Chinese kanji (sp) characters

Both cultures also use flowers for symbology.  If I remember correctly, giving a single chrysanthemum is a wish for a long and happy life in Chinese culture while apple blossom are a Celtic symbol of beauty and love.   If you explore flower symbology in both cultures, you could develop a beautiful symbolic centerpiece/bouquet for your reception. 

It is great that you want to honor both cultures as you build your life together.  Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards