Options

GBCN: Not wasting time with Racists

2»

Re: GBCN: Not wasting time with Racists

• Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy, you can hate me all you want, but you'll never be able to paint me as something worse than a racist.I will agree with you there, FFF.  There is hardly anything worse than being called a racist, most especially if you are not one.  Don't trot out my comment to Tiana as racist either. You've missed the point  which was to highlight the ridiculousness of any over-sensitivity to stereotypes.  You are wound tighter than a top, dear girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That idea that anyone would "hate" anyone is to me, ridiculous.  And an indicator you need to relax.  And honestly, being a religious bigot is just as bad as being a racist.  Now, I don't think you are a bigot, at all, because you didn't jump to defend me religion.  Maybe you should consider that for the very same reason you didn't say something in that original post, many of the regulars didn't either.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really can't believe I'm still engaging the two of you in this convo.  Nothing will ever be resolved and we all know it.First, about that Catholic comment.  That poster had a link to her blog.  I've never been familiar with that poster, let alone her blog.  You proactively read her blog and found what you considered to be an offensive comment against Catholics.  Like I said, I couldn't make sense of her blog at all.  It seemed like she was just rambling.  To this day, I still don't know if she in fact made a defamatory comment. Second, Rum, continuously making jokes that stereotype a racial group is not ok.  You are not given a free pass just b/c you disguise it as a joke.  It's still offensive.  A lot of the ppl on this board tend to agree with me.  Do you think all of us are out of line?  If you think we just need to chill out, just let us know.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    continuously?  really?Some on the board have agreed with you, and some have highlighted that you may just need to back away from the topic.  Guess which side I agree with ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By continuous I mean at least 3 separate posts in 3 separate threads that make light of your little joke.  You just couldn't let go of it.  I really don't care what your thoughts of me are, as my impression of you is not that hot either.  Liking someone is purely subjective and emotional.  So let's stick to the facts.  You and ReindeerBlitzen made a series of inappropriate racist comments and continue to be unrepetant about it, despite knowing that more than 1 person has been offended by it. Seems like we've all shared our thoughts.  If you have anything else to add, you can PM me. 
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i posted the lyrics to a Tony Award winning musical.  RACIST!....the lyrics which do also point out over sensitivity.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    'k, we're all just being oversensitive in these parts.  Thanks for the tip.  That makes it all better now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I am not a racist. Additionally I did not know "boo" of you until about two weeks ago (not a knottie) and this was in no way a personal attack against you, personally. I appreciated your advice about K-town in NYC and I'm not really sure where it all went wrong from there... Clearly you don't appreciate my sense of humor, which is fine. But please don't paint this as some kind of personal affront that was designed to upset you as the self-designated representative of the Asian peoples of the nest - I don't know you, I don't care to know you and I certainly don't care to make personal attacks against someone who is barely a blip on my radar.
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - let's not forget who called all Germans "brutes". 
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and used this as partial reasoning for a local nestie to NOT move to Germany for a job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This thread has just become silly, hasn't it?  For the record, this is what Rum is talking about, which was written in re: whether the OP should transfer to her firm's German office: My friend's work is based in London, but she has ongoing projects in Amsterdam and Germany.  She's spent extensive time all over Europe, but the one country she does not enjoy is Germany.  She says the ppl are really brute and that the std of living is not so hot.  She took the London job for a 2 year term with the intent to have some adventure in her life.  I think she regrets the decision... If you honestly feel that the hearsay comment was made to intentionally offend, then I will be more than willing to apologize.  Although I don't see anyone else being quite as graceful.Rum, you just said that I should perhaps just let it go.  I'm trying to.  Why can't you?  There's no more bait, so go back to your life...I'm inconsequential, but yet you're still wasting your time with me. Fabulous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, FFF posted the link to your Nestie forum to vent her grief about the racism she felt in YOUR board. Her feelings are very well shared in our board. This is all very unnecessary. I feel that it's think gone too far. There was no need for you, Rum, Amy, and Reindeer, to post tidbits and petty squabbles onto this board. Rude comments are unwanted. Go somewhere else if you want to argue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure that defending myself against unfounded allegations that I am a racist who mounted a personally driven racist attack on fff is not a "petty squabble" but whatthefuckever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So go to your own board and cry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I completely missed the drama here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards