I think I've seen a few mentions around here about DIYing invites and such, so here's a post where we can chat about it!
I had a sad DIY moment today. I thought I was going to finish my first fingerless mitt today, but I was SO STUPID and used a "lace" cast off, which is supposed to be stretchy but is the total opposite. The edge is super super firm and RIPPED APART when I tried it on! So now the whole edge is shredded and since I used mohair yarn its pretty much impossible to un-do and fix (mohair likes to stick to itself, the fibers practically felt or fuse together). Luckily, I found 1 last skein of the super-white-not-ivory yarn at the shop and should have enough to make 2 more mitts and hopefully my clutch too. I might need to unravel a bit of the busted one to make the clutch, if it decides to cooperate.
Ugh, 3 weeks of work down the drain. This is why I started so early!