February 2013 Weddings
Options

Getting to know each other :)

Thought it might be fun to get to know one another since we seem to be a smaller group right now.

FH and I have been together since 2/4/07. We met in college. He proposed 5/4/10. I have a BS in Biology and am working in a lab. FH is still in school for an exercise science degree with a teaching cert. He wants to be a middle school coach :) We are getting married 2/22/13 in Texas. We are using navy blue with hints of limish green and deep purple (peacock feather inspired) and going for a rustic theme.

Not sure what else to share but I'd like to hear something about you!
Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013

Re: Getting to know each other :)

• Options
    Hi guys!

My FH and I have been together for almost 4 years and met through a mutual friend at a wedding after party.. little did we know what would happen 3 years later!!

Last year we went on vacation for valnetine's day to swim with the manatees in northern florida. We stayed at a beautiful southern plantation-style hotel and had the best time swimming with the manatees and kayaking. He proposed on the last day of our vacation (v-day) in the hotel's wedding pavilion. I was looking at some flowers when I turned around he was on one knee, struggling to put the ring in a seashell we had picked up while kayaking, and the rest went as every proposal does.... lots of crying and OMG!!! It was super romantic. I kept the seashell and hopefully plan to use it in our wedding ceremony somehow.

We have tentatively put our date for Feb 2. Also, we have decided to wait a little bit to get married because I just started grad school and we need to save money, not only for the ceremony, but for moving in together and all of that fun stuff.

I am so excited! yay!
  • Options
    Hi All,
    I'm Meri.  My FH and I live in New York City.  We met almost 5 years ago at work.  We sat at cubicles 7 feet away from each other.  I had a crush on him while we worked together but nothing really happened with that in that time.  He left the company after about a year and we lost touch.  Then in summer'10 we ran into each other at a happy hour and have been dating since about a month afterwards.  
    He proposed to me on 12/18 at the Bryant Park Holiday Market while we were Christmas shopping and drinking hot chocolate.  
    We haven't booked anything yet, but are hoping for a 2/17/13 wedding.  Now we're navigating the moving in together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I met FI when I was a senior in highschool & he was a newly-minted highschool grad.  We officially started dating 12/6/03, about a year or 2 later we started the long-distance thing when we both transfered to schools that were 2 hours apart.  Then he graduated, spent a year working (still far away from my school), then started law school (same school! far away campus ;_; ).  I finally graduated a year later & moved in with him!  A year and a half later, during the break before his final semester of law school, he bought a ring and proposed!  To sum it up, that was 8 years of dating.  A long time, but we were pretty young when we started (17 & 18).

Now, I run a small business out of the apartment FI and I share, and he's finishing up his JD & prepping for the Bar Exam this summer.  We picked 2/23/13 for our wedding date b/c our dating anniversary is in the middle of the Thanksgiving/Christmas craziness & there are a lot of November/December/January birthdays in our family, but we still wanted a winter wedding.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you while we plan our February 2013 weddings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards