June 2012 Weddings
Options

getting impatient about RSVP's

The deadline for our RSVP's is tomorrow.  As of Saturday's mail, I have barely over half of the responses.  I highly doubt the rest are going to be in my mailbox when I get home tonight.  Is it really so hard for people to check yes or no and drop a prepared envelope in the mail?  Have any of the other early June brides had this problem?  

Thanks for listening!  I needed to vent.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: getting impatient about RSVP's

• Options
    my deadline isn't until may 19 but i'm kind of regretting putting such a late deadline. Now looking at all the early june brides who have an earlier deadline is making regret choosing my date. i have a feeling we are going to be in the same boat as you. Everyday we get one or two rsvps in the mail but at that rate, we will be making a lot of calls to people who haven't rsvp'ed.
  • Options
    I haven't had an problems yet but that's probably only because my deadline is May 22.  Though it's rude, I'm not surprised by how many people you'll need to contact.  I've heard of about that many a few times.
  • Options
    Mine is pretty late. May 26. We have about half still out there.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My deadline is May 15th.  As of right now we have just over half back.  Most of FI's family hasn't responded.  Several of them were at our shower and made comments like "We'll see you in June."  I have no idea if they think that was their RSVP or not.  I have asked FI to get in contact with them just to verify.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I totally feel ya. We have a deadline of May 2nd. I will probably give just a few extra days for those late people before I start calling.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    My deadline is May 19 and our families have actually been really good about returning the RSVPs. I have mentioned to my mother and FMIL the ones we are still waiting on, so if they see or talk to those people they can casually ask what their plans are. 

I know it's frustrating, but by the end of the week you should start calling people (or asking your parents/FILs if they would mind contacting their guests). I'm sure by this time next week you'll have most people accounted for!
  • Options
    I had 38% not repond by the due date, but I set it a little earlier than I really need it.  Luckily my mom hunted down her side of the family right away.  We are down to 14% missing now.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We only got about 4 or 5 RSVP's back (out of about 35)....most people either emailed me to tell me, told me in person or RSVP'd on the website.  Which I thought was kinda weird cause we put the postage on the RSVP envelopes.....

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_getting-impatient-about-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1ab244b2-bb90-4915-826d-6451eccb3df9Post:3f994efc-5504-4622-842e-ef9da02d1535">Re: getting impatient about RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't had an problems yet but that's probably only because my deadline is May 22.  <strong>Though it's rude, I'm not surprised by how many people you'll need to contact.  I've heard of about that many a few times.
    </strong>Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. the 16th is our dealine and we are right at half RSVP'ing. I fully expect to have to make a few phone calls
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm hoping the rest trickle in this week; our RSVP date is a week from tomorrow and we have 30 something people left to hear from - 10 to 15 RSVPs give or take.

I know our post office is kinda wonky too; my FBIL never received his invite and I'm wondering if anyone else didn't get them. I just didn't want to seem like a pest calling around and asking everyone.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_getting-impatient-about-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1ab244b2-bb90-4915-826d-6451eccb3df9Post:6662d08e-a1fb-4a60-a062-530856e6bbb7">Re: getting impatient about RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]My deadline is May 15th.  As of right now we have just over half back.  Most of FI's family hasn't responded.  Several of them were at our shower and made comments like "We'll see you in June."  I have no idea if they think that was their RSVP or not.  I have asked FI to get in contact with them just to verify.
    Posted by AbeandCarrie[/QUOTE]

so many of my fiance's counsins have done that. I told me fiance if they don't send an rsvp, he is going to have to call bc i'm not counting on word of mouth. i'm just not going to risk it.
  • Options
    Our deadline is Wednesday. We didn't get any Friday or Saturday and are waiting on like 50 guests :/
  • Options
    I totally get your frustration! Our  deadline is tomorrow and i have a ton of RSVP's MIA !

I'm glad our guestlist isnt very big....at least I won't have 100 people to contact.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was surprised at the amount of missing RSVP's we had from wedding party members!  They assume we know that they're coming, but are they bringing a date?  What meal would they like?  C'mon people!

I also can't believe the people who have been married in the last few years who haven't responded.  You'd think having the whole RSVP experience of their own not that long ago would help?!  
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would wait until a week after your deadline, then no one can even try to say you are being rude by calling.

My deadline is May 22nd so I plan on starting to call people (if needed) around May 29th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_getting-impatient-about-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:1ab244b2-bb90-4915-826d-6451eccb3df9Post:0e2400cc-a062-41c9-ba80-35eb3e2ca1d0">Re: getting impatient about RSVP's</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would wait until a week after your deadline, then no one can even try to say you are being rude by calling. My deadline is May 22nd so I plan on starting to call people (if needed) around May 29th.
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with everything.</div>
  • Options
    Our deadline isn't until May 15th, but we have only received 6 RSVP's back out of about 70 :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am an early June bride and we gave a May 12th deadline, at first we were getting RSVPs back  or more a day and now it has come to a dead stop at 34 out of 120.  I know I am going to have to start calling as well but I still have some time. It is frustrating when you need a number for your meals and stuff.

• Options
    our deadline is tomorrow. fortunaetly we only will have a few people to call unless by a miracle they all come in tomorrow. however we did get a card with 2 people saying they were coming but they didn't put their name on the card. so now we have to try and figure out who that is.it's always something
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our deadline is May 30 for the June 30 wedding. Of the RSVPs that have arrived there was only 1 decline. Had a couple without names but I put a number on the back of each RSVP that corresponded with the numberd guest list, so it was quite easy to figure out who was who. And no, I will not be calling people who have not returned their RSVP. Made it very easy for them, each one was addressed and stamped. All they had to do was drop it in the mailbox. The way some things are going, I wouldn't care if it was just me and FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards