June 2012 Weddings

"Within the Ribbon" Cards

Are you including "within the ribbon" cards in your invitations to indicate guests who are to sit in the very front during the ceremony?  I like the idea, but I'm not sure what to print them on.  Business cards?  Narrow ones?  Do you have any inspiration pictures to share?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
June 2012 Siggy Challenge - Wedding RingsPhotobucket

Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards

• We aren't, but I've been to a wedding with them. I have them at home (I save everything from weddings we go to), so I'll take a picture later today and post it for you.
  • That is a cute idea! I have never heard of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BrooklynNoviaBrooklynNovia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:2a7d169d-45b5-4493-b4e5-2817b011f083">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't, but I've been to a wedding with them. I have them at home (I save everything from weddings we go to), so I'll take a picture later today and post it for you.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    Please do!<div>
    </div><div>I've seen some online with "Please show this card to an usher" on the reverse, which I like.  I don't like the phrase "Please show this card for priority seating."  It reminds me of airport/plane lingo.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Interesting I've never heard of that idea. How does it work?
  • Okay, I've never heard of this but really like it.  It sure would help out the ushers with seating FI's family.
    FI's dad's side got absolutely ridiculous and made a half hour production out of the seating for FSIL's 40 guest, 10 minute ceremony last summer...
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Old School:

New School:

• CVille, I've never seen one with so much text.  Thanks for posting!

Zims, you would demarcate the first few rows/pews, most likely with a ribbon, and ushers would seat guests who have this card within those rows.  This is to ensure that guests who you want to be right in the front are guaranteed that seating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:b749b465-9666-4f01-873c-01f03f654085">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]CVille, I've never seen one with so much text.
    Posted by BrooklynNovia[/QUOTE]
    I think the text has been added because some poeple don't know what the simple "within the ribbon" card means anymore. 

You could go super simple, but add "please show this card to the usher for your seat" or something along those lines.
  • I have never heard of that before.  I was just planning on putting "Reserved for ___" on particular seats (e.g. parents, grandparents, siblings)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I have never heard of this.. but love it! Very cute!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:0cd31776-118b-4cc4-8a72-cc4225b69727">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard of that before.  I was just planning on putting "Reserved for ___" on particular seats (e.g. parents, grandparents, siblings)
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

This.  I've seen this before but never the ribbon thing.
  • I haven't heard of any of this. Wow, I may have to steal it. Then again, my ushers and all guests that will need to be seated up front will be at the rehearsal dinner. Things to think about.
  • Here's what I made.  I'm going to print them on narrow VistaPrint business cards, which of course I can't find on the site right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:de025582-909c-4e55-8723-804f7bf03b4b">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards : This.  I've seen this before but never the ribbon thing.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

I feel like you and I are long-lost sisters or something, we're almost always agreeing with exactly what the other one said, hahaha.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I've never heard of these cards--I just thought it was assumed that the first couple of rows are for family? We're not having ushers, but our wedding is going to be fairly small.
  • Okay, so what I wasn't thinking of are "within the ribbon" cards.
    They're just special pews reserved for different people. This was for my sorority sister. She made all of the sisters attending her honorary bridesmaids and we had a speical pew. Her now H did the same thing with his fraternity and groomsmen. They also had cards for their immediate family members.

The cards are 3.5" x 2.5"
    They had the bride or grooms name based on what side you were supposed ot be on and then they wrote in the pew designation.

• That is a really cute idea.  for my family it isn't necessary because I have such a small family, with his it might be a cute idea.  Who all sits within the ribbon is it usually just your parents, grandparents, and siblings.  I am guessing they will jut do that on their own.

Otherwise if I start to include aunts and uncles how whole side would have to be ribbon LOL.

Really cute idea though
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Like this idea. But great point that those being seated there will be at the rehearsal dinner (or luncheon in my case) and should be able to recognize one another.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:e364d085-a3e6-456e-8410-232037bc5264">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so what I wasn't thinking of are "within the ribbon" cards. They're just special pews reserved for different people. This was for my sorority sister. She made all of the sisters attending her honorary bridesmaids and we had a speical pew. Her now H did the same thing with his fraternity and groomsmen. They also had cards for their immediate family members. The cards are 3.5" x 2.5" They had the bride or grooms name based on what side you were supposed ot be on and then they wrote in the pew designation.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    I love this!  I'd love to figure out a way to include my Sorors like this. <div>
    </div><div>Hmmmm.....</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:d459e5fb-31ba-4501-b0fa-6ffa1dc968d9">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards : I love this!  I'd love to figure out a way to include my Sorors like this.  Hmmmm.....
    Posted by BrooklynNovia[/QUOTE]

<div>There's was just a note in the program saying that and then she made these violet hair "combs" (our sorority flower) for us to wear if we wanted.</div><div>
    </div><div>I have both of those still as well, so I'll take pictures to show you when I get home from work! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_within-the-ribbon-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:206fe0d0-5c89-43c8-ae6f-c5ab1d923dbfPost:a196bdc5-e648-4406-8141-cf6acb9c4367">Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Within the Ribbon" Cards : I feel like you and I are long-lost sisters or something, we're almost always agreeing with exactly what the other one said, hahaha.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

I think that sometimes too.  Plus, with our background and interest in psych and a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards