June 2012 Weddings

QOTD 5/30

With some of us getting married very soon, and others just stressed out, how are you sleeping at night?  If you don't feel like a zombie, what's letting you sleep?

Re: QOTD 5/30

• Funny because I was sleeping fine.. I crashed on the couch last night waiting for FI to get home from work. Once I got to bed I couldn't sleep... I have perscription sleeping pills that I try not to take.. but I may have to the next 10 days.
  • I'm out almost immediately when my head hits the pillow (this is the norm) but I'm not sleeping well. I wake up talking or having a dream that wakes me up. The other night I shot out of bed to grab my wallet because I had a dream that I was in the store buying something and had left my wallet at home!! hahaha

I'm not too worried though I know I'll be fine in a couple weeks:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been so stressed during the day that I'm exhausted at night and then some nights I'm not sleeping at all.

I think it varies - yesterday was uber-stressful for me so I went to bed around 11:30 but I was up before 5. On Monday night, I was in bed by 9:30 and barely made it up at 6:30; hoping for a full night's sleep on June 7th though...
    Vacation White Knot
  • I actually haven't had any disruption in sleep yet! I'm sure that may change the closer we get, but I mean I'm still working FT, raising the kids, FI is travelling for work, so I think what is helping me is that I'm still in my "everyday" routine.

I'm not expecting to sleep a wink the night before the wedding though. It's normal for me to toss and turn the night before a big event - starting a new job, exciting plans, etc. so I don't think this will be any different.

No wedding dreams yet either! Maybe my subconscious hasn't realized yet that this is actually happening and that the next 3 weeks are going to fly by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I rarely have troubles sleeping.  The one time I remember it happening through this whole planning process was the night I bought my dress and I was so excited I couldn't sleep.

I guess I just leave all the wedding stuff behind when I climb into bed.  In the long run, it's not worth losing sleep over.

That being said, i doubt I will sleep much the night before the wedding cause I will probably be too excited!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My sleeping as been a little off. I'm a night owl already but now I'm really awake at night. Yesterday I was awake before my alarm went off but today I hit snooze a few times.

I hope I sleep well on Friday - I usually can't fall asleep before a big event the next day and this is the biggest event of my life. I'm sure I'll feel awake no matter how much sleep I get though bc of the excitement.

Do you guys do anything if you can't sleep? Other than taking something...I try and read but it doesn't always work. Any suggestions?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd been having issues sleeping off and on for a few weeks. But this final week before the wedding, I cannot get my brain to shut off. I've tried laying down earlier and all I do is toss and turn for hours until I finally go to sleep. Then once I am asleep, I am restless and FI says I've been kicking and fighting in my sleep. That must be why I am so exhausted when I wake up. I'm hoping to take a sleep aid tonight and catch up a bit since I don't have to work tomorrow. I need rest!!
  • I'm lucky if I get a full night's sleep lately.  Between really my dog, new house issues (I'll post about it tomorrow in the weekly thread), and being sick sleep is not happening.  If I can fall asleep, I wake up repeatedly to mostly check on the dog or blow my nose, and if I can't sleep, my mind is racing too fast and no matter what I do (or take) it's really hard to stop it lately.  I definitely have been feeling like a zombie lately and need extra coffee in the morning.
  • I'm far enough out that I'm sleeping just fine. Or maybe its my new bed...
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is how I sleep and maintain my stress. Clicky

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been sleeping SO bad!

Lately I haven't been following my "no wedding planning before bed" rule. I was a little better last night and definitely slept better. I also think talking to FI and my mom about what's stressing me out last night helped too.
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm not sleeping well at all, and it's effecting me at work.  Coffee has been my friend, which stinks because I want whiter teeth for the wedding.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I have been sleeping pretty well, not sure why though. But then Saturday night we went to a wedding of a friend of ours and that made my mind start going crazy. Everyone has been really wrapped up in her wedding so even though it's only a month before mine I feel like mine has slipped under the radar just a bit, which is awesome because it for some reason is keeping my stress levels down. But seriously, if I had a dollar for everytime someone Saturday said to me "you're next!" I could pay for the rest of the wedding bills. LOL, yeah, that kept me up till after 5am...argh.
  • I haven't slept well for months.  I usually get up around 4 or 5am every day and sometimes fall back to sleep until 7 depending.  I haven't been taking any sleep aids but may start taking Tylenol  or Advil PM soon if it keeps up.  I feel like I'm sick too and it's not really getting better.  Very much ready to not have anxiety dreams once the wedding is over!  I'm also very stressed out by the fact we're leaving for our honeymoon the day after the wedding and taking an overnight flight to Europe, which means I won't be sleeping two days in a row!  
  • I'm about to start sleeping bad but that's actually work related. Meaning I'm done with work for a bit so I sleep in later and then have trouble falling asleep around 11 like I used to when I was working.
    June 16, 2012
  • I'm sleeping about as well as I usually do which isn't great. I can never get my mind to shut off
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm actually sleeping really well these days, but my stress level is pretty good. It helps that I have been getting up some mornings early to work out-so that basically makes me exhausted for the rest of the day. Last night i started to fall asleep two hours before my usual bed time.

If I have trouble sleeping, I'm going to take some valerian root. It smells awful, but it's a mild herbal relaxant that doesn't leave me groggy in the morning, the way that any sleep aid does.
  • I have been sleeping terrible and I still have a month to go! I dont know what my deal is, I dont even think its the wedding.

When I finally do sleep, I wake up from wedding nightmares all the time. It is so ridiculous!
  • I've been having NWR nightmares. 
  • I started having bad nightmares (mostly not wedding related) at the 2 week mark.  Starting at around the 1 week mark, the nightmares went away but I've been sleeping terribly and waking up exhausted.  Today's my last day of work, so I'm hoping to be able to get some decent sleep between now and Saturday, even if I have to do it with naps.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sleeping but its not restful sleep. I am waking up a lot earlier then I usually do too
  • I haven't slept well the past few nights.  I've been having a lot of wedding realted dreams or just a lot of wedding things in my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_qotd-530?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:36f1ea1e-b643-42fa-9520-71bb7615a635Post:9a99adc8-39cb-48f1-b0fd-d61604dee3b4">Re: QOTD 5/30</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sleeping about as well as I usually do which isn't great. I can never get my mind to shut off
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I have prescription sleep aids that I try to use only when I have some really bad nights and need to "catch up." My only problem now is I get sidetracked with last minute details and it gets too late to take them--I need to take them around 9:30 so I can be asleep by 10 and get a full 8 hours of sleep by 6.
  • I've been sleep texting my fears and not realizing it. I have a friend in Australia who texts regularly, and I sent her all of these things (both WR and NWR) I was nervous/anxious about. They all make sense, but some of them I didn't realize was bothering me.

I had my first wedding nightmare last night. It was weird. I usually get panic/anxiety attacks, so I'm mentally prepping.
  • I'm sleeping the problem is getting to bed on time. I have been going to bed over at least over an hour later then usual.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I havent had too many wedding nightmares - I had a couple during the planning process but I'm surprised I haven't had more now.

But how strange is this: This week during 2 different nights I dreamt about guys I used to date! My FH is so amazing and these guys don't even compare. And I've been with my FH for almost 4 yrs so its not like its new and I still have these guys in my head. How weird is that?!
  • Lately I've been sleeping well. That may change though as the wedding gets closer.
  • We're hitting the road when I get out of work tomorrow, so my mind was racing last night with lists of what I need to get done today to finish packing tonight. 

Tonight, I am sure I'll barely sleep thinking about the drive tomorrow...

Hopefully my mind can chill out for a few nights once we get to town so I can feel a little more rested.
  • I haven't slept well in a long time. Most of it is related to the fact that I work 3rd shift though. Some days of the week I sleep between 8:30am and 2pm and others I sleep at night. Today, for example, I worked last night so I slept till 2...but now I'm off work until next Monday night...so tonight and tomorrow I'll struggle to get back on a "normal" sleep schedule. Recently though, wedding worries have made the situation slightly worse. God forbid I should wake up to pee because somewhere between my bed and bathroom I'll think of everything I don't have done...then I'll be up thinking about it.
  • edited May 2012
    finding solace with working still.  I think that's how I'm keeping it together.  My last day at work is next Monday, and I think that's when it will all hit me like a ton of bricks!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards