June 2012 Weddings
Options

Babies

2»

Re: Babies

• Options
    We'll be waiting at least 2 years to begin trying.  We're in no rush.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_babies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4618b9ff-c558-4776-be76-a2a238664cf0Post:80e95d5e-19b3-45c2-b164-1c2636aac9e3">Re: Babies</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are waiting about 5 years if ever. Age has nothing to do with it (I'm 28 and FI is 31). We both really enjoy our lifestyle right now. We like to travel and want to see the world. We also recently bought an older home and enjoy fixing it up. Our priorities right now are elsewhere.
    Posted by HarperBargo[/QUOTE]

This is future me. :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tentively we will start trying to conceive July 2013. We wanted to wait at least a year. We're both really excited to have a baby! I'm 30 years old and he is 32 years old.
  • Options
    We are going to wait about a year after the wedding, I think. I want to make sure I'm done having kids by 32. I have a back problem that is only deteriorating with age.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it'll be like 5 years for us :( It makes me sad
  • Options
    Right away! FI and I would both love to have a honeymoon baby! When I am done with my next pack of pills (I am on seasonique) I will not renew my RX. (it will be around April or May) I am so excited!!
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd like to have a baby sometime around summer 2014, which means we would start trying a little over a year after we're married. We'll be 27 (me) and 28 when we get married.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In a perfect world I'd get pregnant right around our 2 year anniversary.  As a teacher I really want an April (or so) baby.  I also feel though that once we're married and have a house, if it happens it happens.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No babies for us!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I guess I am the minority here. We are done having children.
    We have both been married and divorced before, so we have the extras that goes along with it. I will be 30 and FI will be 40 when we get married.

I have one who is 10, turning 11 in March
    FI has 7, yes 7! Ages 21, 20, 19, 17, 12, 11, and soon to be 9.

Oh, and he has a 2-1/2 yr old grandson.

Enough for us. LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    I'll be 25 shortly after we are married and FI is 30... so I could wait a couple of years and FI is short of in the middle... he's ready now but wants to save money and complete some house projects first. So it will probably be somewhere in the 3-5 year range for us =)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_babies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4618b9ff-c558-4776-be76-a2a238664cf0Post:c837650c-b750-40bc-9355-3265300ed97f">Re: Babies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I put at least a year. It'll probably a little longer than that though. Ideally, I would like to have a baby in the Fall of 2014, so that would put me getting pregnant at around 1 year and a half after we get married. I'll be 24 and FI will be 26 when we get married, so we won't be that old, but FI wants to have a lot of kids and I know I'll be ready by then. I'm already baby crazy!! FI is refusing to use condoms after we're married, so let's hope I'm really good about taking my birth control!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck!
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

FWIW, birth control is, generally, far less "finicky" than it was many years ago.  Doctors still tell you that you HAVE to take it at the EXACT same time daily, but for most women within a few hours of your "normal" time is just fine.  My BC pack even says that missing a pill doesn't put you at elevated risk of pregnancy as long as you make it up as soon as you realize you've missed it.  However, there are some women whose hormones really are that touchy, which is why doctors still impress the importance of timing upon us.

To answer the OP's question, we're planning on waiting 3-4 years.  I'll (hopefully) still be working on my PhD at the time, but I really, really want to have our first before I'm 30.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Not before I pass the CPA exam. (hopefully that will happen in a year or so). We are older (me: almost 35, FI 43), children are less important to us than to our parents (they want grandchildren). At some point we'll stop preventing it, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world (except to my mother!).
  • Options
    I don't want to ever have biological children, but we plan to adopt. It's funny, at first FI was like "Let's wait 5 years," (he's 22 and I'm 25), but all of a sudden over Christmas break, he was like, "I want kids. We should maybe start the adoption process in the next year or two, because we don't know how long it will take!" I'm excited. I definitely want to have my MA finished, but I have other friends in academia who have had kids while working on a PhD or already holding faculty positions and it's not a bad time to have kids. Work hours tend to be pretty flexible.
  • Options
    My wonderful FI and I will begin in July/August hoping to be pregnant by September this year ! I already have a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship that lasted for 13 years. My FI is 6 years older then me and we want 2-3 more. We both want 4 kids always have. We can't wait to expand our family. I haven't been on BC in the past two years that we've been together we've used the "pull out" method sorry if TMI.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We would like to have 2-3 years just to enjoy being a couple. At the time we get married, I will be 23 and FI will be 26, so I consider us fairly young. However, I'd like to be done having children by the time I'm in my early 30's. We'd like to have 2-3 kids. So excited for all of us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Options
    We'd like to have January or February 2015 baby. That would put us at 26 (me) and 28 (him). It'll give us time to get settled into a house and to pay off the majority of my student loans. I'll probably go off BC in early 2014.
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards