June 2012 Weddings

TMI Tuesday - 5/1

I didn't see a TMI so I thought I'd post one; I hope no one minds!

What type of birth control do you use, if any?

I've been on the pill since I was 16 for acne reasons, but we also use condoms.  I told FI we could stop with the condoms on June 30th but that there is no way in helllllll I am risking being pregnant on my wedding/honeymoon.  I plan to take advantage of our resort's swim up bar!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1

• I've been on the pill since after I've had my son 11 years ago. Haven't had any problems. I make sure that my alarm on my phone goes off at noon time every day so I don't forget to take it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • I've been on the pill for 3 years. I won't do any other form of birth control (except condoms)
  • I use a progestin only pill called Camila (which I think is a generic)  I had to switch to this just a month ago b/c my cousin had some blood clotting issues when she became pregnant this year and her doctor said we should all get checked out because it's genetic.  Since FI and I are planning to get pregnant at some point, I got the tests done and I do have the clotting gene too.  So as a precaution my OB took me off orthotricycline because it has been known to cause clots.  It totally sucks b/c my skin is broken out and I'm nervous that it won't be completely safe for the first month or so so we're using condoms too.  I feel the same way as you Michelle- we're going to Italy, Spain and France for the honeymoon and there is no way I'm going to miss out on the wine!  
    That was probably really TMI for everyone!!
  • I have the Mirena IUD but I already have two children. I don't believe that they will do it for someone who hasn't had children yet and if you plan on having them before 5 years than I wouldn't go that route. I used to use the Nuva Ring and I really liked that. Stayed in place for the most part, you just have to be careful to not pull it out when you remove a tampon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Michelle, we have the same life. 

I was a bit younger though...I think like 15, when I got on the pill for acne reasons. I had never even kissed a boy, but my dermatologist who put me on the pill made me take a pregnancy test and I was scared I was pregnant....

I've been on and off of it since then and honestly have no idea which one I'm on. When FI and I were having sex we would use a condom as well. His sister got pregnant at 18 and he wasn't taking ANY chances. 

We're also just relying on the pill and not using condoms after the wedding. FI can't wait. I'm slightly terrified that we're going to have a honeymoon baby...
  • I have an Implanon insert in my left arm; it's a 3 year slow release implant and I love it. If left up to me on the pill I wouldn't be ok. I can barely remember to take my vitamins every day.
    Vacation White Knot
  • No birth control for me.... FI and I dont believe in it (and we will be waiting to have sex until we are married)..... I have been on it in the past but wont be in the future. We will be doing natural family planning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:28c1d10f-a638-49da-8ba6-464f6da6a2d1">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the Mirena IUD but I already have two children. I don't believe that they will do it for someone who hasn't had children yet and if you plan on having them before 5 years than I wouldn't go that route. I used to use the Nuva Ring and I really liked that. Stayed in place for the most part, you just have to be careful to not pull it out when you remove a tampon.
    Posted by travistanya[/QUOTE]

They will put it in if you haven't had children. A few of my friends have them. But they said they were painful to get put in, so if you don't want to be on birth control for a while, I agree that it's not the best option.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:c6460a56-b2f5-40b6-a83a-3ad8d818e038">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]No birth control for me.... FI and I dont believe in it (and we will be waiting to have sex until we are married)..... I have been on it in the past but wont be in the future. We will be doing natural family planning.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>Chels, how many kids do you want?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:5ff0f446-54d4-4c8b-8990-255c862f7683">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : Chels, how many kids do you want?
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

How ever many we are blessed with. :) If we could decide.... we would have 3-4 more.
  • I have been on the pill since I was 16 for severe menstral cramps. I had a few episodes in HS where I passed out and one time had a seizure because my cramps were so painful. I haven't had a period on 4 years since they don't know excatly what the problem is and it's well controlled by just skippin placebo pills.

For a while, FI and I used a condom also. Recently, we haven't been using a condom but he pulls out (I know, TMI). The wedding night will be the first time he doesn't! Haha. I'm weirdly excited about it.
  • I've been on pill and IUD.  I won't ever again tho.
    NFP all the way baby!
  • No pill for me...1.) I'm too forgetful 2.) I don't like the idea of hormones and messing with what's normal for my body.  Therefore, condoms it is.

• daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've been on the pill since I was 18-even though I wasn't sexually activie until QUITE a while after that. I've been on at least 5 different brands, I've been on Lutera for a few years now.

We never want kids so in August I'm considering an IUD or even getting my tubes tied, if the gyno will do it and it's affordable. I can't make up my mind about the IUD. It would be nice not having to think about it, but it's also nice being able to skip my period if I want to. I'm also concerned about weight gain. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:b91a671b-1a10-4ad6-af7e-7699bab8fd4d">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been on pill and IUD.  I won't ever again tho.<strong> NFP all the way baby!
    </strong>Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

WOOO HOOO! :)
  • We're going with condoms as well. FI and I want to wait a couple of years to have little one's but we're okay if that happens sooner:)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well right now we're waiting but I've been on the pill since January so my body can get used to it.
  • We watched an NFP video at our marriage prep weekend. No way I could do it. Too much work when taking a pill is so simple
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:b11fc0f3-999f-41c8-8b11-3a237aaf6127">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]We watched an NFP video at our marriage prep weekend. No way I could do it. Too much work when taking a pill is so simple
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

We dont plan to go crazy with it... we will just abstain or be careful during the time I am ovulating. If God wants us to have a baby, we will have a baby. I dont see it as an extra work.
  • I've been on the pill since I was 15 (was put on it initially for acne control, but it also coincided with my first boyfriend.....coincidence that Mom took me to get it?!  I think not....)

I am on Yaz at the moment (not the one they recalled).  FI I and I usually use condoms as well (mostly to avoid the mess), but I told him that I don't know why we even waste money on them if I'm already on the pill and we want kids eventually anyways. We will cut one out at some point.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:07e1b3c4-aa29-4535-bb21-958dce5fdc1b">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : We dont plan to go crazy with it... we will just abstain or be careful during the time I am ovulating. If God wants us to have a baby, we will have a baby. I dont see it as an extra work.
    The video talked about taking temperatures and tracking stuff and we're just too busy to do all of that everyday lol. We won't have kids for probably 6 years so I wouldn't trust us doing that way anyways. We won't be ready for a baby for at least 3 years
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:c6faf9c0-f8d2-4dea-b808-4e9e324e907b">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : <strong>The video talked about taking temperatures and tracking stuff</strong> and we're just too busy to do all of that everyday lol. We won't have kids for probably 6 years so I wouldn't trust us doing that way anyways. We won't be ready for a baby for at least 3 years
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wont be doing that..... I will be letting my iPhone tell me when I am ovulating and just going by that :)
  • edited May 2012
    I've been taking birth control pills since I was about 16 or 17 for acne in high school.  (Didn't use it for it's actual purpose until about 21).  I try to take them everyday at the same time but if I don't, oh well.  I think my body is so used to them at this point, it doesn't care. 

We also use condoms or the Pull and Pray Method.

ETA:  I refuse to not use condoms when they are available.  FI can't wait until we don't have to. Which will be anytime after June 16th.
    Photobucket
  • edited May 2012
    I was on the pill from 17 until Nov 2010, at which point I got the Mirena IUD. I have no kids, but they said I was good to go anyway. It was a little painful, and I did gain some weight, but I haven't had a period in over a year now- I LOVE IT! 

There are actually multiple methods of NFP.  I know one involves taking your temperature every day, while another one you just learn what your mucus looks like in the different parts of your cycle. I have a lot of respect for the ladies that use NFP. 
  • I had been on pills since 17 or so. I quit at the end of Feb so we could chart me better to get pregnant ASAP after the wedding. We are abstaining until the wedding to be sure we don't get a little one too early :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:263c2d83-72d1-42ff-b3ea-b3afe491e3f5">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : Yeah I wont be doing that..... I will be letting my iPhone tell me when I am ovulating and just going by that :)

You should still take your temp (at least in the week approaching ovulation) so you can pinpoint it.  Your body can sometimes start to shift over time and even one day can make a huge difference.

NFP is so easy though. Take your temp when youget up, keep an eye out for mucous. That's about it.

The pill is also considered a class 1 carcinogen
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:ab7f03ab-5093-4671-89c3-03fe7c19d2cd">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : You should still take your temp (at least in the week approaching ovulation) so you can pinpoint it.  Your body can sometimes start to shift over time and even one day can make a huge difference. NFP is so easy though. Take your temp when youget up, keep an eye out for mucous. That's about it. The pill is also considered a class 1 carcinogen
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Yeah- I am sure I will do that over time.... once we have a few kids and want the rate of pregnancies to slow down! haha!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:263c2d83-72d1-42ff-b3ea-b3afe491e3f5">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1 : Yeah I wont be doing that..... I will be letting my iPhone tell me when I am ovulating and just going by that :)
    LOL There's an app for everything
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:28c1d10f-a638-49da-8ba6-464f6da6a2d1">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the Mirena IUD but I already have two children. I don't believe that they will do it for someone who hasn't had children yet and if you plan on having them before 5 years than I wouldn't go that route. I used to use the Nuva Ring and I really liked that. Stayed in place for the most part, you just have to be careful to not pull it out when you remove a tampon.
    Posted by travistanya[/QUOTE]

I also have the Mirena IUD, but I already have three children as well. It is nice that I don't have to worry taking a pill everyday but I get really bad cramps from the IUD.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_tmi-tuesday-51?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:933fce4e-da29-460b-a898-c584cc6c36fbPost:2e7de1df-e4e3-464f-bb37-6f04deb09132">Re: TMI Tuesday - 5/1</a>:
    [QUOTE]No pill for me...1.) I'm too forgetful 2.) I don't like the idea of hormones and messing with what's normal for my body.  Therefore, condoms it is.
    Posted by Shelly527IN[/QUOTE]

<strong>This exactly.</strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards