June 2012 Weddings

wedding invitations!

It seems really early to even be thinking about it but I have looked at some of the prices for wedding invitations and they are pretty pricey! I want to get the best invitations for the best price! Any thoughts on this ladies?

Re: wedding invitations!

• I don't have any tips but I agree, they are pricey. Undecided

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • If you're looking for something that isn't necessarily fancy wedding invitation you can go to www.vistaprint.com and order them there. My friend used them for her wedding, I used them for the bridal shower invites, and they are nice and simple. I kind of priced mine for 100 guests and I'll be looking at about $200. I don't remember what all I had picked out but it was at least the invitations and RSVP cards...I may have had save the dates in there as well. They're always running some kind of special, whether it's discounts on the product or shipping, so just sign up with them and wait for some price that looks good.

On their website, scroll down to "Home & Family" (it's on the left) and find "Invitations & Announcements" then click on "Wedding"....they're offering a free sample packet which will show you a sample of their different papers, some of their invitation designs, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks for the tip 2012julybride!!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Have you though of doing them yourself?  I bought BEAUTIFUL paper from Michael's, and we signed up for the mailing list and got a coupon for 40% off....we tested one and they look outstanding..better than i ever could think homemade invitations could look (trust me, I had my reserves about doing them ourselves). Its just an idea because invitations can be SO expensive!

Good luck and congrats!!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • I'm jumping on the DIY train.  I like designing stuff though, so I wanted to test my hand at it.  I'm hoping it will save some money in the end.  Also, look on Etsy.  There are tons of designers and many of them will work closely with you to get what you want and depending on how elaborate your looking at, they won't all be super expensive.  Good luck :)
  • I loved my Save the Dates from VistaPrint - I used their 100 free post cards offer.  I am going to do my invitations with them.  I priced out (100) invitations, response cards, reception cards, return labels and place cards.. they came to $170.

I thought it cost a little too much to have our address printed on the two sets of envelopes so I made the matching return labels. It was about a quarter of the price.
  • i am also planning to use vistaprint, i've priced out different DIY packages from target, michael's, etc. and vistaprint is the cheapest.
    i think i will jazz them up a bit with a rhinestone or ribbon or something to make them a bit more unique.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards