June 2012 Weddings

Grammar is not our problem on this board

The problem on this board is that people are becoming extremely arrogant.  In real life, you have to bite your tongue at times. I’m sure you wouldn’t correct the grammar on a note that was given to you by a student’s parent or to a client during a business meeting. What happened to the golden rule? Treat people the same way you would want to be treated. It’s really that simple!

Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board

• Why would you create a new screen name to say this? FFS!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would rather it be pointed out to me so I could avoid making that mistake again.
  • Is this real life?

Seriously. I cannot get over this board right now. I just have to laugh. People are going CRAZY!!!!
  • edited May 2012

It's not about the grammar. It's about the way people have been speaking to others.
  • I promise you that this post is not going to help.
  • I don't really understand why people keep making fake profiles. 
    Why can't we all just call each other out like mature adults and move on?
    Megbo and I got into a short spurt and guess what, I moved on! No fake profile, no tears, no pain. But here again, this too shall pass.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:5c118d4e-fe18-4d37-aaf2-c78a3b56041e">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really understand why people keep making fake profiles.  Why can't we all just call each other out like mature adults and move on? Megbo and I got into a short spurt and guess what, I moved on! No fake profile, no tears, no pain. But here again, this too shall pass.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

Adulthood, we must being doing it right!!!

Kelsey, I freakin love your new sig.
  • Kelsey, your sig pic.. hahahaha.

I correct people all the time. I don't do it in an arrogant way, I do it in an "OBTW, it's x not y" with a smile. :):):)

People correct me when I make mistakes - it's how ya LEARN.
  • In Response to Re:Grammar is not our problem on this board:[QUOTE]Is this real life?Seriously. I cannot get over this board right now. I just have to laugh. People are going CRAZY!!!! Posted by kelseybrandon[/QUOTE]

My guess is that everyone is so close to their weddings now that they come on here to let off steam? That's the only semirational/dumb explanation I can think of.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:845a1014-661e-4082-81d0-27a7529361ab">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board : Adulthood, we must being doing it right!!! <strong>Kelsey, I freakin love your new sig.</strong>
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hehe. Ryan Gosling is so hot {I mean wise}. I'm pretty sure everyone is becoming functionally illiterate BECAUSE of the wedding industry. Meh. B's be going crazy up in here.</div>
  • I have to wonder if there are brides that sneak in here to see our wedding planning is going since we're so close... Wonder what they think of all the crazy.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:78daaa9b-b5d4-493a-8837-53abfabd742c">Re:Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Grammar is not our problem on this board: My guess is that everyone is so close to their weddings now that they come on here to let off steam? That's the only semirational/dumb explanation I can think of.
    Posted by edw7479[/QUOTE]

<div>Guess so. But, blowing up the boards doesn't help anyone deal with their stress.</div>

First Look
  • They probably want to elope. Obviously we've all gone bananas. Too much stress!
  • abungerabunger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:b261ef08-96ed-4e13-80a3-25dd54db3be2">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]They probably want to elope. Obviously we've all gone bananas. Too much stress!
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

<div>Amen! Not a bad idea...</div>
    Anniversary
  • I asked FI last night while DIYing my centerpieces why we didn't elope. Hindsight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:b2d03429-be3b-4c3d-b166-b7af81ca512c">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked FI last night while DIYing my centerpieces why we didn't elope. Hindsight.
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh gosh. I begged FI to elope for several months. But alas, he didn't want to and so we are getting married on schedule. Meh, you win some, you lose some.</div>

First Look
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:0ff4c7c8-554c-4c5c-8d22-5ec33e0b1123">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not about the grammar. It's about the way people have been speaking to others.
    Posted by AnonymousAnnie[/QUOTE]

THIS IS THE INTERNET! YOU CAN'T "SAY" ANYTHING!!!

And excuse me for not taking someone seriously who is too much of a wimp to say something under their real name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:18dc0987-c7c3-41db-ba86-dadf948aa27f">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board : THIS IS THE INTERNET! YOU CAN'T "SAY" ANYTHING!!! And excuse me for not taking someone seriously who is too much of a wimp to say something under their real name.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
     *love*

First Look
  • Well isn't this special. It might mean more if it came from your real profile. Maybe.

I do correct grammar in my real life. People normally thank me as I thank them when I make a mistake. I'm actually that person that will take a pen and correct grammar or spelling on a sign hanging in the break room at work. You're welcome.
  • You're right, grammar isn't the problem....anymore.  The real problem is people who passive-aggressively start arguments by posting under fake names and getting all haughty when others disagree. 

Y'all, I'm going to propose this again:  Don't feed the troll.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Peachy, we actually had plans to elope but then FMIL and FGMIL found out (?!) and they flipped out. I decided it wasn't worth it.
  • edited May 2012
    Well this place has officially gone to hell in a hand basket...Although I do agree with the mystery OP, I'm done here.

Good luck to all you gals on your big days!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is getting ridiculous.  If you type/speak in bad grammar, or just don't give a flying flip that's your prerogative.  If you're someone who corrects grammar, that's your prerogative as well!

Either party shouldn't take offense.  We're all in the same boat, we're all within 6 weeks of the most important day of our lives (up to this point)!  Please, please, please let's all just get along.  This should be the last place we come and bicker at each other.  When I joined this board, I saw it as a place to come to vent/for support/for ideas..  not this.  Let's let this be the last topic on this issue.  Smile

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:f1f21a25-8a02-43f1-b25b-d444b503b584">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well isn't this special. It might  mean more if it came from your real profile. Maybe. I do correct grammar in my real life. People normally thank me as I thank them when I make a mistake. I'm actually that person that will take a pen and correct grammar or spelling on a sign hanging in the break room at work. You're welcome.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Would you correct the grammar or spelling on a note given to you by a student's parent?  I highily doubt that you would, more than likely you would just disregard the grammatical error and respond accordingly.
  • Geez guys! lol    Everyone should remember this saying;   " Like water off a duck's back"  Meaning if  someone says something that pisses you off or someone/ something is aggrivating  you just let it roll; do not let it get under your skin. Unless it is really offensive, like a racial slur, I would just let it go. It makes life much happier!  Grammar or correcting grammar is not something that everyone needs to argue about. If grammar needs to be corrected, just let them correct it, then just ignor it if it bothers you. We're almost here guys, not too much longer til the stress is over!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:18dc0987-c7c3-41db-ba86-dadf948aa27f">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board : THIS IS THE INTERNET! YOU CAN'T "SAY" ANYTHING!!! And excuse me for not taking someone seriously who is too much of a wimp to say something under their real name.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's the internet. Does that mean that you have the right to disrespectfully speak to other people? Are we only allowed to have an opinion if it's the same as yours? That's how it seems. Very seldom do you agree to disagree with someone outside of "the circle."  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_grammar-is-not-our-problem-on-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:be83c41b-1352-4aea-a6fa-54c9232f4918Post:4462d4ba-8e91-45fe-9368-3360ace6ed3d">Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grammar is not our problem on this board : Yes, it's the internet. Does that mean that you have the right to disrespectfully speak to other people? Are we only allowed to have an opinion if it's the same as yours? That's how it seems. Very seldom do you agree to disagree with someone outside of "the circle."  
    Posted by AnonymousAnnie[/QUOTE]

<div>If it's not against TOS, it's fair game.</div><div>
    </div><div>Bazinga.</div>
  • Okay ladies,
      Let's stop all the arguing and get back to focusing on the wedding planning. Yes, grammar is important, and yes, we do correct grammar and language mistakes, but that is why we always suggest lurking first.  Now, let's get back to wedding planning. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards