African American Weddings
Options

What to do????

Me and FI are struggling with our guest list. Our venue holds 150 (which is fine with me) but currently our list is about 20 people over. I don't mind cutting people but he is so worried about offending somebody. The question is: if you don't invite some people to the wedding what do you do if they show up the day of expecting to stay. Food wise I would care less but there will be absolutely no where for them to sit.

Tamika

Re: What to do????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There was an article posted the other day about when inviting people you should go through your list and think about if you or your FI really isn't that close to a person. Maybe someone you went to high school with, but you never see them or barely speak to them. Some co-workers who you aren't really friends with, they may be expecting an invite, but they won't be specifically making your day special because they aren't that special to you besides that you work together. So if you have any of those type of people. A 5th cousin twice removed who you maybe only see at Christmas can be cut. Just really think about the people who will make you feel loved and special and mean sometihng to you with every fragment of your heart and your FIs heart. If not then cut...Just think about on the day of will their presence make a difference to you.

I'm going through the same things. I have all these friends that I haven't seen in years and its not like we talk much and I realized on the day of I could care less if they are there or not so they are getting cut.

At first people might care that they were not invited, but in the end I think everyone will realize that its a money and space thing and they most likely won't care after a minute.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The general rule is don't invite more than you can feed.

People don't always like the idea of a B-list, but that is an idea you might considering entertaining

I just don't suggest leaving it a secret
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards