Washington-Seattle
Options

Gift For FILS?

So my FILs are coming up from NV this weekend to meet my parents for the first time (EEEEKKK) and my Mom wants to buy them a gift. I have no clue what she should get them. The fmilies are quite different, Think My big fat greek wedding, adn his parents are also really religious. HELP!
Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage

Re: Gift For FILS?

• Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A pashmina for the mom?
    And I have no idea for the dad.

imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with restaurant gift cards, or just having your parents take them out to a Northwesterny/Seattle dinner. Maybe the Met? Or a nice seafood place?
    I can't really help with more personal gifts, maybe FI can give you some insight?
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A bundt pan? :D Kidding. I would recommend your Mom go to a Christian book store if FILs are that kind of religious and looking in their gifts section. She might find a nice little plaque or something about joining families. Although really, just a nice get-to-know you dinner is sufficient. Middle road, have her find a nice religious card about becoming friends/family and give that to them at dinner.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks For the help ladies. My mom deciided just to get his mom a nice scarf in our wedding colors and a card. a little mom to mom thing
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards