African American Weddings
Options

1st REAL Fight

I had my 1st real fight with FI last night. We found out yesterday that our reception venue had been double booked and we were the ones being bumped because it was at a private country club, the other person is a member we're not and supposedly we were booked 2nd. I was totally upset about it . We've spent months planning, it was a place my Mom actually liked (she's crazy picky and that is a big deal to me that I got her approval of my choice) Our invitations are printed and we chose hotels for our guests because of the location to the reception site.He told me he didn't see what the big deal was. That I was making too much out of it and that he really didn't care that much about the reception or what anyone felt or thought about it. I asked him if that included me since I'm the one who was dissapointed and he said "yes, you're making a big deal out of nothing". Ummm.... nothing ?! We seriously went to 18 different places, he told me this was the place he liked the best and it fit in our budget that he set. I've never gone without talking to him, kissing him good-bye in the morning or feeling hurt by him. I hate this !

Re: 1st REAL Fight

• Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1st Men don't understand! 2nd Oh no girl pull out ya contract! Read the details no such things as a double book! The have to follow rules and the invitations are printed good thing they havent went out yet! Is the place paid off?
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    milana1023milana1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second pulling out that contract! You mean to tell me they didn't know about this double booking before everyone signed on the dotted line? That's ridiculous. As far as Fi, I understand you being hurt. I'm sure once the smoke clears he'll understand too. Just takes them longer to get it. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTH hell is up with these venues lately with double booking? They need to reimburse something, especially for the invitation already printed. That's more money out your pocket. Pull that contract and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They've agreed to reimburse for the invites. So, that's good they won't make any recommendations for other venues though. I told FI I'm turning this over to him and it better be just the way I would've planned it. He stayed home "sick" today I decided I'd make him sweat a little bit. He needs to know what kind of work goes into planning and maybe he'll appreciate it a little more. He's already called 3 times asking if I can please help. I had to tell him I was too busy at work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You making that man sweat! LOL

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    apiffanynowapiffanynow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww spim I'm sorry this is happening to you. Nice one that you pulled on Fi. Men just don't understand but this will blow over. don't worry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww that sux. and lol at you making him plan. I did the exact same thing to my FI when he started trippin. and he was calling, emailing, texting, my approval and questions on everything.  it was funny for a minute then he started talking about people he knew to do everything. i was like is he doing this to get me back???? lol  I took the reigns back ASAP.GL with everything you never know what knew place you will find.  This will allow you an opportunity to see how creative you guys can be.  I hope it all works out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go over your contract and make up with FI once you've cooled off. You two need to stand together on this to get some compensation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, club members ALWAYS have first dibs on venues. Its great they are reimbursing your invite costs.LOL for letting FI sweat. I agree with the other ladies, once the dust settles, you two will be back together, most likely closer with a better understanding of each other. Good luck searching again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards