African American Weddings
Options

Guests asked to wear.....

During one of the wedding on "wednesday weddings", guests were asked to wear black and white only. Have you ever went to a wedding like this? How you did feel as a guest with this request? Would you do it? 

I remember for T-Boz's wedding they asking everyone to wear white and always was something I wanted to do, but passed on it. Your thoughts?
Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Guests asked to wear.....

• Options
    I went to a wedding like this. We were asked to not wear the colors black white or silver/ gray. Her girls were in little black dresses. Immediate family wore silver. The pictures were pretty. Her rationale was that she wanted to b able to pick out her wedding party and family without looking too hard. I thought about this request as well, just have to sell groomzilla on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought about it myself to have everyone wear pink and black... so we could have an amazing pic of all wedding party and guests together
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister asked this for the immediately family. Black, pink or red. She had a small wedding in Vegas. For a non family member I'm not really into being told what to wear.
  • Options
    my personal feelings:

(and this will be listed on my invitation) i don't want anyone wearing white, black or red. you just don't do that--not at weddings.

call me old fashioned *shrug*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't mind, but I would worry about guest, in terms of if people don't have the color, can they afford to buy it or would it stop them from coming, if they don't have it. In addition will people actually follow directions,( you know it will be that one person to wear gold when you say where black... Lol... But family may adhere to the specific colors...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_guests-asked-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1dc4b311-848a-492c-92b0-7a6cfdc8475ePost:8e08d46e-7e47-46cf-af72-83ee5152b009">Re: Guests asked to wear.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]my personal feelings: (and this will be listed on my invitation) i don't want anyone wearing white, black or red. you just don't do that--not at weddings. call me old fashioned *shrug*
    Posted by mslively6[/QUOTE]

Why no red?
    Black because you oppose the marriage and white because of obvious reason.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_guests-asked-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1dc4b311-848a-492c-92b0-7a6cfdc8475ePost:df1c8fe3-059e-4e20-86c0-11cab53e213a">Re: Guests asked to wear.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guests asked to wear..... : Why no red? Black because you oppose the marriage and white because of obvious reason.
    Posted by MrsHoward2Be[/QUOTE]

<div>I dont know about why, but my grandmother told me when I was little to NEVER have red in my wedding and not to wear it to weddings. I think she linked it to the devil, but I really dont remember as I was 7 or 8 at the time. Never heard about not wearing black. White due to no one but the bride is suppose to wear white. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_guests-asked-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1dc4b311-848a-492c-92b0-7a6cfdc8475ePost:df1c8fe3-059e-4e20-86c0-11cab53e213a">Re: Guests asked to wear.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guests asked to wear..... : Why no red? Black because you oppose the marriage and white because of obvious reason.
    Posted by MrsHoward2Be[/QUOTE]

because it's such a stand out color. i don't want anyone taking attention from me. (mini bridezilla moment) lol

i think red at weddings just screams: "jezebel". lol sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_guests-asked-to-wear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1dc4b311-848a-492c-92b0-7a6cfdc8475ePost:f990b463-3340-4caf-91fb-4a5f248976a0">Re: Guests asked to wear.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guests asked to wear..... : because it's such a stand out color. i don't want anyone taking attention from me. (mini bridezilla moment) lol i think red at weddings just screams: "jezebel". lol sorry.
    Posted by mslively6[/QUOTE]

Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards