African American Weddings

After the wedding...

What are yall doing with your decor? I asked my planners to make sure the flowers were taken to a nearby nursing home so that the residents could enjoy them. Devin and I plan to go there the next day and share a dance with them during "social hour" . 

Both of our biological grandparents have passed  and my gma spent a few months in a home , it always means the world to see how happy they get over the simplest things.
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: After the wedding...

• Oh that's a great idea! I wasn't sure if we wet going to let the guests take them or take them back home, but I'm loving your idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE that idea.... With me going to inspect Assisted Living Facilities... I know that they will definitely love that.... Just the little things mean sooo much!!!

Since we are going to be in Vegas... I am not sure what to do with our decor.... Too much to bring back home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using baby's breath in my centerpieces...and the centerpieces that I am using I am going to donate to my coordinators supply. She told me that could take of my costs!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_after-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:279bdc4a-44e5-49a7-9201-41a7fe8b9dd6Post:53b4024f-d2e5-457d-b39c-2f7cbb890df5">Re: After the wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh that's a great idea! I wasn't sure if we wet going to let the guests take them or take them back home, but I'm loving your idea!
    Posted by fancywright2[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think a few guests will take one but I want the majority of them to be taken to the home</div>
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • No flowers accept for bouquets.  I think BM will take each of theirs.  My center pieces came with the venue.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • I initially wanted them to be taken to the hospital for the elderly that didn't have visitors etc but the hospital had certain restrictions on dyed flowers etc and the containers they were in for ICU patients. My dad and brother passed away a few years back so I asked my mom to take them to their site and put some there then she also put flowers on graves that looked like they hadn't been visited in awhile.

• No live flowers at my wedding I am not dragging a lot back to md from Alabama
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My guests are going to be able to take my centerpieces home with them, sooo first come, first serve. Lol

May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_after-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:279bdc4a-44e5-49a7-9201-41a7fe8b9dd6Post:f38246ea-3ec4-4601-af90-fbf96b7e9604">Re: After the wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I initially wanted them to be taken to the hospital for the elderly that didn't have visitors etc but the hospital had certain restrictions on dyed flowers etc and the containers they were in for ICU patients. My dad and brother passed away a few years back so I asked my mom to take them to their site and put some there then she also put flowers on graves that looked like they hadn't been visited in awhile.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

<div>This is too sweet</div>
  • In Response to Re:After the wedding...:[QUOTE]I initially wanted them to be taken to the hospital for the elderly that didn't have visitors etc but the hospital had certain restrictions on dyed flowers etc and the containers they were in for ICU patients. My dad and brother passed away a few years back so I asked my mom to take them to their site and put some there then she also put flowers on graves that looked like they hadn't been visited in awhile. Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]
    Hey babymama..lol

That was so sweet..that is a good idea.

Im with kcc..only silk flowers for the BP..im gonna let the guest take home centerpieces and whats left will post on the classified board to sell.
  • I actually hadn't thought about it. But i like the idea of donating them to a home or hospital. It's the simplest things that means so much in someone else life.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:After the wedding...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:After the wedding...:I initially wanted them to be taken to the hospital for the elderly that didn't have visitors etc but the hospital had certain restrictions on dyed flowers etc and the containers they were in for ICU patients. My dad and brother passed away a few years back so I asked my mom to take them to their site and put some there then she also put flowers on graves that looked like they hadn't been visited in awhile. Posted by MsAmeera25
    Hey babymama..lol

That was so sweet..that is a good idea.

Im with kcc..only silk flowers for the BP..im gonna let the guest take home centerpieces and whats left will post on the classified board to sell. Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

Lol babymama...Hey Hey!

• Love Love Love that idea :) Very sweet both you & MsAmeera
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hadn't thought about it. What could I do with submerged florals??? I guess I could have the water drained and the stems of the orchids could be given to my mom and I could get them the next day. We aren't leaving for our HM until Monday....so I could drive to AL to take to my daddy's grave the next day. Yall making me cry....
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards