African American Weddings
Options

Tuesdays Tips

What are some ways to keep your relationship alive and fun?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tuesdays Tips

• Options
    edited December 2011

Weekly date nights. Either going out somewhere or doing something spontaneous at home. Let me stress being spontaneous...lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have date nights at home. We have a dance off playing the MJ experience game on the Wii...lol...and we have a bowl competition playing the Wii. Depending on what kinda mood we are in we'll have some wine and watch a movie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have date nights out of the home, dinner, movies etc.. Just to get away from the norm. We constantly are texting eachother throughout the day, I send him little notes in his lunch bag, kisses and touches as we are passing eachother in the house dont hurt either!

Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Work ladies I know that's right. I like the spontaneous stuff too but since we are on a serious budget we do the wii thing as well. We also sit on the floor and just watch a movie here and there.

I try to throw on a nightie or two when he is home as well. Unfortunately my Smooch lives all the way in Jersey so we see each other two weekends a month when he comes my way or I go up north. Booooooooooo! I am ready for him to get here permanently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you prettymami...with LD relationships you have to get creative. Skype is our best friend! We try to skype on most nights, text and email throughout the day while we're at work, google talk etc, call each other often during the day, leave sweet vm's, talk at night before we go to sleep. When we do get to see each other, we try to make the most of it, but absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We dont go out as much since we are planning for the wedding.  Since I watch football with him all day on Sundays, he watches bridal show with me.  :)

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although we are currently abstaining, I will admit that "you know what" keeps things fun, hanging out with friends together, and allowing each other to spend time away with friends helps us miss each other as well...that works best when we are both busy. I am all smiles when he shops with me or for me and he is all smiles when I "get cute" for him...for some reason it makes him feel special when I go glam just for him.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We try to make Sundays a quiet day for a couple of hours. No tv, no phone, or laptop... Just us and peace and quiet and nature.. sometimes you need to disconnect from the world..
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing date nights at least 3 a month just us (we go out with friends too). Sunday nights are our chill time we cook dinner and hang out and watch a movie or tv show together. We also check in on each other at lunch time during the work week, just to see how the other is doing so if we are having a bad day the other can cheer us up a bit.

We have also done a day where we fast and pray about our relationship and then we will eat dinner together that night and talk about what we prayed for.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards