South Asian Weddings

Photographer (Dallas, TX)

Hi Ladies,I was hoping for some insights on wedding photographers. My FI has been doing research on this and is telling me that we can't afford any of the photographers we like unless we're willing to shell out about $5-7k!!! I feel like we're a bit more restricted because we want someone who has shot Indian weddings before because they will know what's important to look for, so I was wondering:- How negotiable are the prices generally? If they say $5k for 7 hours how rigid is that? - Please recommend photographers in the Dallas area!Thanks!

Re: Photographer (Dallas, TX)

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I don't have any recs, but as far as negotiating, I've found that most photographers are pretty rigid in their prices.  You may not be able to talk down the price too much, but you could also see if they would throw in some extras (prints, a 2nd photographer, extra hours, etc.).I would also ask on your local board (if you haven't already!) because they might have recs for good photographers who are also budget friendly.  It's definintely nice to have someone who has shot an indian wedding, but for me that wasn't a dealbreaker.  I feel that if you have a good command of the schedule for the day and discuss the timeline with your photographer, you can let them know what parts you want captured the most.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't help you with any names-but I I know many vendors are willing to work with you. See what is included in the price (albums, prints, number of photographers etc)-perhaps you can eliminate a few things to bring down the cost. Agree with pp- I have dealt with alot of photographers that haven't experienced a SA wedding-but the bride and groom liked the style of the photographers portfolio. They looked at some indian wedding pictures, and was able to get a glimpse of what to capture. I have a spreadsheet that I used when comparing photographers-I can email you a copy if you'd like . email me at mastistyle at hotmail
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards