South Asian Weddings

Invitation questions!

Hi everyone! I would've posted this on the muslim board, but it's dead over there. I'm a Pakistani gal getting married to a Pakistani guy (wow that sounded really country and corny haha), and I figure since Southasian weddings, share so many details in common, I'd pop on over here and get some advice. Anyhow, I need help with invitation wording. I know it's a little early (I don't even have a venue secured yet, ahh), but I could use the help anyways. For those of you that had a mehndi, how did you word your invitations? Also, did you include the a card with the mehndi information in the actual wedding invitation, or did you mail out separate invites for it? Lastly, while I know that most girls now and days are having mixed mehndis, I want to keep mine women only. How would I go about wording that the mehndi is for women and girls only? I'm really stumped here lol. Thanks for any help and sorry for the monologue.

Re: Invitation questions!

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Dogroses

My invites had three cards: Sangeet, ceremony and reception.  our mendhi party was mainly for me to get my mendhi done but close fam/friends also go theirs done then and then everyone else got it done at the sangeet.

My mendhi was a co-ed party however it was not formal so we didn't include it in the invitations.  I think you can write something like:

All ladies are welcome to join the bride...etc or however you want to word the rest of the invite.  Then have your family and friends "remind"/"reinforce" that its a ladies only mendhi...word or mouth works wonders....

Also, you can looking up "Sample muslim wedding invitaition wordings"...you'll probably find cards or sample invites which would be helpful.

Gluck!
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did something similar to BellsnRings, in the invitation we added additional cards for Mehendi and Haldi / Dye rubbing havans / ceremonies.

and we did emphasize that he mehendi was for gals, but if guys did show up, they were sent to the driveway to hang out, and gaff (talk)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards