Offbeat Weddings
Options

Dive Bar Bridal Shower? Yes, please?

I've finally figured out where my bridal shower is going to be - at my favorite dive bar! I feel like I had a minor identity crisis when I was thinking of doing a brunch with mimosas at a nice restaurant. Then I realized how not "me" that was going to be and decided upon my favorite dive bar that has the best tatter tots and burgers in the world. I'm super excited! if you're doing a bridal shower, where is it going to be?

Re: Dive Bar Bridal Shower? Yes, please?

• Options
    Good for you!  I love that idea.  I'm new to this board and I'm not sure if I'm an off beat bride per se but I know that I want me wedding to be the anti cookie cutter weddings like I've been to.  As for my shower, I don't know.  I have two issues with this.  One- I'm not having a wedding party so the tradition of the bridesmaids throwing a shower is out.  My mom did ask me if I wanted one.  Two- I don't need to be showered with a lot of "stuff" as my fiance and I have lived together for 5 years and own our apartment.  We live in Manhattan and I'm getting closterphobic at the idea of so much stuff!  So that's where I am.  :/
  • Options
    ana323--sounds great! through my own wedding planning process i've learned to accept what I like and not to try to do what i "should" do in terms of wedding planning

cokie216-not sure if I will do a bridal shower either, because my wedding party is all over the country and my MOH is a guy lol! Thinking of doing a fun activity together with my wedding party before the big day though. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure, apparently I am having 2 showers, one where I live now (where most of my friends and FI's family are) and one up where my family is (4 1/2 - 5 hrs away, hence the seperate showers). Its all being planned by my bridesmaids, they are sharing very litttle, but they all know me well so I know it won't be cookie cutter in any way :) 
  • Options
    A few of the guests & I thought mine was supposed to be a shower, but then only 2 people brought gifts and it turned into a wild party. It was awesome. We spent 4 hours on a boat on a lake in a national park and had sushi, margaritas & penis cakes :) and then went to a dive bar in town where they have saddles for barstools. 

The thought of sitting around being dressed up and playing games or whatever didn't feel right to me either. While I had no hand in planning my party, my friends planned it just the way I would've wanted it. 
  • Options
    That sounds awesome!

We haven't figured out my bridal shower yet. I too am not thrilled by the idea of brunch and mimosas. I'm hoping that we can find somewhere a little more relaxed and fun!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards