Gay Weddings
Options

Down the aisle

I'm wondering what everyone else has done/plans to do... My partner & I are getting married in Vegas, and I really want my dad to walk me down the aisle. My family rocks and love my partner (sometimes even more than they love me!!). Her family isn't involved, so we're at a loss of how to walk the plank...er aisle...Would it be weird for my mom to walk her down? Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks Michelle

Re: Down the aisle

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    oooh, I think that would be very sweet to have your mom walk her down the aisle. I love that idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She should just pick someone important to her to walk her down the aisle... be it your mother, a longtime friend, or someone else... it would be sweet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  A & I have chatted, and she's going to ask my mom...they're very close, and she'll be thrilled.  Thanks for your responses....   ~one more thing off the list - yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down by my self but if she has someone inportant to her than ask them to do it. When that sak who brings this person to this man I going to have my maid of honor say his family and friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your mom walking your partner down the aisle is a wonderful idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Your Mom walking your partner down the aisle is a sweet and sentimental touch.  It truly epitomizes the coming together as a new family.

PK Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a fantastic idea! :)
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else that its a perfect solution.

BTW- I am in the exact same position. I have a huge supportive family and my partner isn't expecting to have any family besides her sister.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    jwoloszczakjwoloszczak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm asking my brother because my parents aren't coming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards