Gay Weddings

1st draft of Vows-feedback please!

Michelle, today I stand before you full of excitement, happiness and love.

I adore you and appreciate you.

You are the most heartfelt, honest and generous person I know.

I have learned so much from you-your honesty and integrity have taught me to be true to myself.  Your thoughtfulness and generosity have taught me to give with intention.  You’ve shown me how to love without fear, how to embrace what my hear wants.

In loving you, I’ve learned to love myself even more.  There’s never been anything in my life that I’ve been so sure of as my desire to spend the rest of my life with you by my side.

You make me feel special and when we’re together, nothing else exists

You are my best friend, my soul mate, my other half.  At my worst, you are there, at my best, you are there.  You are a support system I’ve never had.

As we take this next step together with the unwavering support of our family and friends, I promise you the following things:

I promise to try to understand you even when I do not agree with you

I promise to always speak the truth to you

I promise to be patient and understanding

I promise to be there for you in all your ups and downs in life and to support you through your goals and dreams

Finally, I promise to never give up because like I always say, together we can get through anything.

Michelle, from the bottom of my heart, I promise you me.

Re: 1st draft of Vows-feedback please!

• Um.   would you mind horribly if I plagarized your vows?   Cuz, I have been struggling coming up with something... and this is PERFECT
  • Wow, really?  Thank you!  I'll take this as a compliment.  You can plagiarize but only if you really feel that it applies.  I cant imagine that you're marrying the exact same person as me (:  I definitely think you should make some tweeks and adjustments as you see fit.  Any feedback besides for PERFECT?  I'm really looking to finalize them soon!
  • PS: Are you and your fiancee men or women?  That might make a difference in the wording...
  • I really think they are amazing. You can't beat what your heart is telling you, and they sound great when read. Congrats....and good luck!
  • We are female...    of course, you know, my partner's name isn't Michelle, so I would certainly tweek it a little.  :)     But, overall, it sounds like exactly what I was trying to write, but it ended up like 7 pages long !!   

I really do think its perfect.  I don't think you need to change a thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_1st-draft-of-vows-feedback-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:a7aa9ea7-f766-4548-8233-093f17b5cc38Post:b9739953-f88c-46d0-8e04-14ed825fc27e">Re: 1st draft of Vows-feedback please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are female...    of course, you know, my partner's name isn't Michelle, so I would certainly tweek it a little.  :)     But, overall, it sounds like exactly what I was trying to write, but it ended up like 7 pages long !!    I really do think its perfect.  I don't think you need to change a thing.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!  Best wishes to you both!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_1st-draft-of-vows-feedback-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:44Discussion:a7aa9ea7-f766-4548-8233-093f17b5cc38Post:f4711b53-f154-412b-928e-73f83ba4faee">Re: 1st draft of Vows-feedback please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really think they are amazing. You can't beat what your heart is telling you, and they sound great when read. Congrats....and good luck!
    Posted by LuckeeClover[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the sweet sentiments!
  • I am taking some of the vows too. I love it. The first part does not really apply to us, but your vows are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Consider yourself bootlegged......

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG, this is so funny.  I made the vows up and never expected so much positive feedback. In fact, I thought I would get met with a lot of critisism.  Thanks for the complements!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards