Canada

London Area Brides!

My names Lauren, and I'm getting married at the Civic Garden Centre April 30, 2010! Time is counting down, lol only about 186 days for me to go!Lots left to do....Where/when are you getting married?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: London Area Brides!

• edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren, I'm Cassandra. Nice to meet you! :)I'm getting married at the Wings of Paradise Butterfly Conservatory outside of Cambridge/Kitchener on July 24, 2010.I have very little done as of yet.  It's all planned in my head but not much has been executed.  I keep telling myself there's lots of time considering I planned my first wedding in about two months.  I have a feeling though that I will start to feel the crunch once the Christmas holidays have passed.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Cassandra! I read about that place, it looks beautiful from pictures I've seen! And planning a wedding in two months? Kudos! Not sure if I could do it, or not freak out about it...lol I'm planning mine in about 9 months, and FI has a lot of input in planning process with me which makes it easier....but my to do list grows longer and longer every day!How many people are you inviting?
  • edited December 2011
    We're inviting at most 40 people to this wedding.  It's my second marriage and I felt really uncomfortable having a big blowout again, but it's FI's first and he wants a wedding.  We're compromising. :)We considered the Civic Gardens as a venue as well.  It was at the top of our list for a while.  You'll have a beautiful wedding there I'm sure.  We ended up deciding to find a venue that was more central to all of our families so one side wasn't doing all of the travelling.Quite honestly, noone got particularly stressed out planning everything in two months for my first.  I did have a lot of family help though.  We originally planned on having a 15-16 month engagement but 3 months in I found out I was pregnant.  Ex-H's mother was having a fit at the idea of us not being married so we bumped up the date.  I already had a 6 week trip to Denmark planned that my parents were adamant that I not give up, so by the time I got back from my trip there was only 2 months left.  Everything turned out perfectly in the end.And that's my sordid life story LOL!Do you have all of your major vendors booked at this point?  With the holiday season coming up, your time is going to just fly by. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren, My name is Rachel and I'm getting married at the Lamplighter Inn in London on May 8th, 2010. We are having both the ceremony and reception there. I've been counting my days for a few months now! yay! :D
  • edited December 2011
    Most of my vendors are booked, but major ones I still need:FloristDJPhotographerand I still have lots of the little details to take care of! But I still lots of time so not going to worry about it.... Hi Rachel! How are your plans comming along?Who are using for DJ/florist? I'm still trying to narrow one down for us...
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey bulldog mama!  Just noticed you're still looking for a photographer, and thought I'd share a great one I've found (in the London area).  Her name is Teija Kovanen.  You can google her for her website. :)  HTHd some!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Nukke Thanks for tip! I'll make sure to check them out...  
  • edited December 2011
    My plans are coming along great. My Dj is from Kitchener. They have over 10 Dj's so there are a lot to choose from. The company is called "Complete Music & Video." For our event they only cost $700. They had a special bridal show price. My florist is a local one from Parkhill. My mom knows the girl's mother, so she wanted to use them. My mom is paying for the flowers, so I let her choose. We haven't gone to check out flowers or anything yet. She said we didn't need to do it this early. The only things I have left are:buying favoursbooking the flowerstalking to my uncle about cake flavoursgetting my dress fittedhair & make-up trialsjewelryMOG dressdecoratorand finish paying off the FI's ringEek it seems like a lot. I'm sure I have even more to do, but those are the most important ones. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh ya and our photographer is "Robert Meidema." He is amazing! He is reasonably priced and in our price ($2,500) he includes: engagement photos and album + cd put to music, wedding photos and album + cd, 2 parent albums, photo coverage until the bouquet toss, and thank you cards. He's located in London, OntarioI can't remember if there is more, but He's great. His site is a little confusing, but here it is. www.mrphotographer.ca
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel-  we've booked with Complete Music as well.  You'll have to let me know how they do with your wedding.  So far I'm really happy that we booked with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I will for sure let you know. :)
  • lanimlanim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Civic Garden Complex as well, on July 24, 2010. Please let me know how it goes and if there's anything I should watch out for on the day. Who's your caterer?
    Thanks,
    lani
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards