Christian Weddings
Options

Should have listened to people's advice...

Should have listened to people's advice of not to do anything drastic to your hair so close to the wedding.  I had done highlights last December, and I couldn't even tell they were in there.  So I thought I would go a little stronger this time.  I hate the result so bad, I've been crying this afternoon.  It looks unnatural.  When I showed a picture to my mom, she was like, "Yeah, make an appointment to try to tone it down."  I don't know how it's going to turn out.  I should NOT have tried saving money by doing this only once more before the wedding. Now I have to spend more money and time to fix it. :-(

Re: Should have listened to people's advice...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! :-/  So sorry you are experiencing this frustration.  I was going to dye my hair last week and I may still do it since I'm still about 2 months out.  But maybe not... 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this happened. Hope the toning down appointment goes well.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you do it yourself or did a salon do it?  If it was a salon, call and ask to speak to the stylist.  Explain that you're not happy with the current color and ask for what you want - in this case, the color to be toned down or to be closer to your natural color.  The stylist should fix it for free.  If they refuse, ask to speak to the salon manager or owner and explain again that you'r unhappy with the color and would like them to fix it.  It sucks when you're unhappy with your hair color, but a good salon will fix it, no problem.  It definitely should not cost you any more money!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I'll call them on Tuesday and ask them to fix it (at no charge).  It was a salon that did it -- and they charged me $200!!!!!!!  Big ouch to my pocketbook.  I had gone before to this salon, but I don't know how it was sooo expensive this time around.
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask for a breakdown in price.  I go to a nationally lauded stylist and mine isn't even $200 for a cut and triple process color.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! That's so frustrating. I hope they fix it (for free) and that you're happy with the results this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh sorry girl! Don't beat yourself up over it- I bet it's not as bad as you think and I'm sure you will be able to get it back to how you like it soon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards