Christian Weddings
Options

Need prayers... fiance laid off

My fiance was laid off last week. I'm not freaking out about it yet, because he literally had a job interview in someone he really wants the next day. He said that interview went really well, and he should know something this week.

We are 68 days out of the wedding, and I'm trying not to freak out too much until I know one way or the other, but I'm so nervous, and I'm praying that God will just make it so we can be OK. I feel like the past year and a half have been such a struggle and a fight, and I'm craving some peace. 

The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still. - Exodus 14:14

Re: Need prayers... fiance laid off

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying for peace for you and FI. Keep us updated!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll pray for you too.  Keep remembering that God works things out for the Good of those who love Him.  Keep on loving God, thanking God for each and every opportunity, and He'll show you and your FI the right door for his next job. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayers are coming your way!! 

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what it feels like.  In 2009, I was laid off from my job.  The economy is doing much better now than it was then, and employers are hiring.  There are two important things he just needs to work on.  1) Not take it personally.  Logically, everyone knows that, but you just can't help but feel like you suck at life when you lose a job.  Even seeing people go to work makes you depressed.  2) Don't let the stress get to your health.  I developed gastritis as a result of getting laid off, and a year and a half later, I haven't made full recovery.  I'll probably never be 100% better again.  I'll pray that he finds a job, but just thought I'd raise these points, as it can sometimes be hard to imagine what getting laid off is really like.  The money will come and go, but health problems will be there for life in many cases. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for you both. Let us know if he gets the job! Sometimes when God closes a door, He opens a window. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh hun I can't even imagine. With this economy things are so volatile I'm surprised we haven't seen more of these posts. I pray that he is able to find work quickly. God has a plan for you both and I pray it unfolds for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards