survey about FI/DH :)

2»

Re: survey about FI/DH :)

• Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet him and how old were you?  20

2. Was it love at first sight? No.  He just happened to be in 2 of my classes that semester (physics 2 and mythology)

3. How did you know you were supposed to marry him? I guess I just knew.  I dunno.

4. What was the first date like? Well, I didn’t know it was a date, but we went to the campus restaurant together for dinner.  I thought it was just two friends going to dinner.

5. Where did your first kiss take place? Gazebo on the lake.  It’s a good thing we got married because the school legend is that if you kiss in the gazebo and don’t get married, you have to shove the other person into the lake.

6. Dating... local or long distance? 1 year local (college), 2 years long distance (grad school), then 2 years local when we were engaged.

7. Do you know everything there is to know about your husband? No.  There’s always something new to learn.

8. Were your parents supportive of you when you started dating? I guess mine were.  Who knows how long we’d been dating when I told my parents.  I didn’t know if his mom liked me, and he told me that I would KNOW if she didn’t like me.

9. Do you fart around each other? DH insists it’s a natural bodily function.  I disagree.

10. How long was it till you got engaged after you started dating? 3 years.

11. Long or short engagement? Long – 2 years.  I would have preferred a shorter engagement, but his parents didn’t want us to get married before he finished med school.  I think his mom was afraid I’d get pregnant and he’d have to drop out or something.

12. If you could go one place with him anywhere in the world where would that be?  London, but really anywhere

13. What was one of the things that attracted you to your husband? intelligence

14. Do you believe he is your soulmate? Yes.

**editted because something funky happened with the spacing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet him and how old were you?
    We met at a mutual friend’s birthday party.  We were both 17.
    2. Was it love at first sight?
    No.  He thought I was cute which made me think he was cute.

3. How did you know you were supposed to marry him?
    There was never one moment but a whole bunch of them leading up to it.  I did know for sure though when I came back from our LDR (and was an absolute witch) and he still loved me
    4. What was the first date like?
    Long.  I think it was a 9 hour date.  Ya long and awkward.
    5. Where did your first kiss take place?
    In the parking lot at Macy’s
    6. Dating... local or long distance?
    Local.  But we did do LD for a while.
    7. Do you know everything there is to know about your husband?
    Well he isn’t my husband and no I will never know everything but I do know a lot of things.
    8. Were your parents supportive of you when you started dating?
    My mom was.  My dad not so much but now he really likes him.
    9. Do you fart around each other?
    Ya.

10. How long was it till you got engaged after you started dating?
    I don’t know.  Haven’t been engaged yet.
    11. Long or short engagement?
    I want a short engagement.
    12. If you could go one place with him anywhere in the world where would that be?
    Germany or the Alps.  I am not very good at picking just one place.
    13. What was one of the things that attracted you to your husband?
    How ok he was with all my problems and that he didn’t seem in any hurry to leave.  And he put up with me.
    14. Do you believe he is your soulmate?

Yes. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    leahkateleahkate member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. How did you meet him and how old were you? We met online on my 21st birthday. Met in person the next day.
    2. Was it love at first sight? Yes, very much so.
    3. How did you know you were supposed to marry him? I was at a wedding a week after we met and I got this gut feeling like I'd never had before. He was nothing like anyone I'd ever dated or liked, and I knew he was the one for me.
    4. What was the first date like? We had lunch at a nice restaurant, followed by talking for a few hours back at his office. He was the only person working in his office at the time.
    5. Where did your first kiss take place? In his office at the end of the first date. 
    6. Dating... local or long distance? Local7. Do you know everything there is to know about your husband? I believe so.
    8. Were your parents supportive of you when you started dating? Absolutely.
     9. Do you fart around each other? Unfortunately, but we've been together for 11 years.
    10. How long was it till you got engaged after you started dating? 3 weeks!11. Long or short engagement? 7 months exactly, so short.
    12. If you could go one place with him anywhere in the world where would that be? New York City
    13. What was one of the things that attracted you to your husband? His caring nature. It was just so different from the less mature guys I'd dated.14. Do you believe he is your soulmate? Absolutely.
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bett2012 - I love how you met! Great that you actually got to meet a friend, the love of your life for that matter, that way! Too often I never end up talking again to anyone I greet at church! Gjjones27 - I think the survey pretty much covered our story! But I'll PM you :)

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards