Christian Weddings
Options

Prayer Requests - week of 6/12

What can we pray for this week?  Any praises to share?

Re: Prayer Requests - week of 6/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Prayer:
    That God speaks through me to Clint.
    My mom doesn't NOT believe visions, but she says she takes them with a grain of salt.  23 Minutes In Hell seems very real to me, but she warns me to make sure I only believe as far as what the Bible clearly says, which I understand.  Pray that I know the difference in truth or in slightly off kilter and that while I start studying the Bible again, that I truly soak it up and understand it.  :)

Praise:
    I'm going to church with my best friend in the morning!!  It's been a long time since I've done that - and I don't think I've ever WANTED to go just to learn about God and what the Word says.  :)
    Clint is curious about the Book of Life and has agreed to watch 23 Minutes In Hell.  That's a start!!

ETA:  For those that don't know, Clint wasn't raised with the knowledge of God, and says he doesn't know what he really believes.  He KIND OF knows some of the stuff I've started talking about, but he's unsure.  He also said he believes there's something, he's just not sure what.  Just so you're aware.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beth - i will be praying for Clint... that he can start to get a new revelation of our amazing Father God and Clint will start to believe in a way he never thought he could. (:
    I will also pray for you to soak up all the Bible and begin to understand.i also pray that God will give you revelation about His Living Word! (: (: 

Prayer:
    I am really feeling attacked. I have been having doubts about my upcoming marriage with my FI and i hate it! i am feeling like we are too different and some other non-truth stuff. please please pray for peace and understanding. 

Praise:
    Finances are coming in! FI got to work one day yesterday for the asphalt company that couldn't hire him this summer. We are sooo thankful for provision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beth and Monica, I'll be praying for both of you and your DH/FIs.

Prayer:

I am sick!  I have been sick since Wednesday.  I went to the doctor on Friday and got a steriod shot and a z-pack (antibiotics).  I have been taking OTC allergy and sinus meds, vitamins, cough drops, and the antibiotics - and with the steriod shot and lots of rest, I should be feeling better by now!  But I'm not, and it sucks.  Please pray for healing.

Praise:

I was hoping to get FI into a deeper relationship with God, and he has recently made the switch from secular to Christian radio (at least most of the time anyway) and wants to do a deeper Bible study!  Woohoo!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @lilies - It'll pass I promise!!  You're marrying Martin for a reason, and know that it's right.  :)  Prayers for peace and understanding are coming your way!!

@sessions - Still praying!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for you ladies!!

Big Prayer Request: FI is taking one of his many tests to be certified to be a teacher this Wednesday. The test cost $200 and there is a re-take fee. Please please please pray that FI passes on his first try and can be on his way to becoming a teacher! I really appreciate it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I've been gone for a while - sorry about that. :) I missed everyone but for some reason I was feeling awkward coming back.

I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers for sure.

As for me, I ran my car into a tree on Saturday morning and I am completely unharmed, so that is a wonderful praise! I would like prayer for the car situation though. My insurance adjuster is to call me today and they're going to move my car to one of their places to assess the damage. I really need it to not be totalled. It was hit in the rear passanger door-trunk area and looks pretty bad but as long as the frame isn't bent, it should all be body damage (fixable!), plus the back window shattered into 4389572893745 pieces about 10ft away from the car.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be praying for you all!

Midge - glad to see you're back and thankful that you are not hurt!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be adding the above prayer requests to my prayers. 

Prayer: Please continue to pray for my brother who is deployed. We are right at the 1 month mark and I pray the upcoming months go by as fast and safe as this one has. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praise - The Wallow Fire is 18% contained, and residents are being allowed back into a couple of the previously evacuated towns - it's a GREAT start!

Prayer - Full containment of the fire and for the firefighters out there - specifically DH's brother Charlie. He left yesterday to fight the fire on the front lines and could be gone up to two weeks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Praise - the school year is officially OVER!!!!!  This is my last week of teacher workdays.  I've NEVER been so happy to see the end of a school year, and this is the end of year 4.  :-)

Prayers:
    1) House needs to sell.
    2) Job hunt for a new teaching job for next school year / maybe moving / FI new job if moving!
    3) that I continue to be UN-STRESSED about the wedding.  Right now I'm SUPER-STRESSED about the RSVP card situation (in my siggy if you need to see).  We haven't received probably 40 something rsvp cards back yet, and the deadline is thursday of this week. 

I think that's it for this week!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    esantana06esantana06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praise: For the past 3 weeks in a row I've gotten my parents to accompany me to my home church (which Ive been going to now since 2006). They used to give me a really hard time about going since it was a Christian church and we were raised Catholic. They actually like the church and feel better about me going there, which of course makes me feel better.

Prayer: I finally made the decision to get baptised next month but I haven't told my parents yet. I should be very excited but I'm scared instead. When I told them I was getting married at my church instead of the Catholic church I grew up in, my mom told me she was very disappointed. Obviously that really hurt my feelings. I just hope I'm brave enough to tell them and that over time they'll support me. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Praise: We are officially under 1 year!!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_prayer-requests-week-of-612?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:768ca707-6d12-4405-bd5d-1c8bea7e38f6Post:ffd3aa3c-abe4-42d9-b076-4cd0609d914c">Re: Prayer Requests - week of 6/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]Praise: We are officially under 1 year!!!
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]
    Like!

Prayer: I will leaving today for my church's annual youth camp. I'm so excited to go and I pray that I will be a blessing to someone! Also, pray that I'll receive the email that I've been not so patiently waiting for.

Praise: FI's new job! We're so thankful for the opportunity he has received! And that I've been given the opportunity to work at camp this year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray for all you ladies!! Kelly, don't stress about the RSVP's. We had people not send them in on time (or at all) and I had to call a lot of people after the RSVP date (there's still one guy I haven't heard back from, so I'm just marking him as a "No" haha). It's annoying, but you'll get it all taken care of, don't worry. Don't be afraid to call people. You have to give your number of guests to your venue, etc, so call away (or text, e-mail, etc). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards