Christian Weddings
Options

Envelopes

I hate licking envelopes.  I finally found a good alternative when I was working on thank you notes this afternoon.  A make-up sponge, like this:

Dip it in water and you're good for about 3 envelopes, but it doesn't soak up too much water and wash all the sticky stuff off.

Yes, we're still working on thank you notes.  :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Envelopes

• Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never thought of using a make-up sponge. I'm sure thank you notes will take me forever to do. Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!  This will work well for my 300 or so invites that I have to do myself, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooooo good idea!! I have licked every single invitation and thank you note we've sent. I think I will try this idea!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do the same thing except I use Q-tips. They work quite well :)
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good tips!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Soooo using this trick! Thanks :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom used to work at an office where they had these: http://www.staples.com/Staples-Envelope-Moistener/product_160788

You just filled it with water and run it along the sticky stuff. No licking required and it works for lots of envelopes and for 99 cents, you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I had one of those, Kalizoomba, when I worked as a collector. Once a month I sent out between 800 and 1000 statements and that thing would leak all over me. Maybe I'm just inept.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip! I am still working on thank-you notes, too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just buy something... they have things designed for envelopes... even ones that don't have the sticky stuff. 

PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_envelopes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:862bc9c6-b49c-4de0-a023-f534bca036c1Post:eb240ad9-86ba-4a5c-9dae-562311e8ce65">Re: Envelopes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had one of those, Kalizoomba, when I worked as a collector. Once a month I sent out between 800 and 1000 statements and that thing would leak all over me. Maybe I'm just inept.
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine never leaked. I don't know.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards