Christian Weddings

QOTW - Week of 4/24 - Photography

I love wedding pictures!  I love seeing how happy the bride and groom are.  And wedding pictures now are so much more about telling a love story of the wedding day.  So the focus of our question of the week is photography.

Not Yet Marrieds - What are the "must take pictures" on your list?

Already Marrieds - What were your favorite poses?  Were there any that were missed that you wish you could have had taken?

If your photographer has a website and you'd like to share so that we can see their style, please do!  And if you are already married, feel free to post some of your favorites.

Also, if there is anything else that you want to share - feel free!

Re: QOTW - Week of 4/24 - Photography

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want to get great pictures of us in the church, as well as with my FI and me afterwards.  I just want a beautiful and classic look where we just look happy and natural.  That's all I have in mind.

Here's the blog of the photographer we are using:
  • edited December 2011
    I definantly want the basic bride and groom pics but the picture that I HAVE to have is the look on FI's face when I walk through the door. As long as I have those...the rest are a piece of cake in my book. :)
    Photobucket My perfect dress! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a list for our photographer and we got my must take shots but I have two regrets.  Our photographers were a husband/wife team and while he was taking pictures of me and the girls, she was with DH and the guys.  She got a bunch of great shots but he didn't think to do pictures with his parents so we have really nice shots with my parents, but we don't have shots of just him with his parents.

I also don't have any pictures of just me and Grandma which I wish I had.  I also kind of wish I had talked to them about doing pictures of our guests because there was a really great setting for those pictures and there are some guests who are not in pictures.

One thing that I was REALLY glad we did was to go for a walk with our photographer while our guests were enjoying the cocktail hour.  We got such great shots and it gave us some private time to talk about the ceremony before the reception started.

Some of my favorites are here in a slideshow.

• edited December 2011
    Lisa- thanks for sharing the slideshow! The pictures are beautiful- I love the ones in front of the water! 

Our photographer is one of my best friends from high school who has her own photography business now. She is more of a naturalistic photographer, so she captures a lot of candids, which I love! As of right now, I don't have a list of must-have shots, but I know she has a list and then if I feel there is something else I want that's not on there, she will add it. I would like to do a shot before the ceremony where we stand on opposite sides of a wall or door so we can't see each other and don't talk so we can't hear each other and then have her take a picture. I don't want us to see each other until I walk down the aisle, but that picture would be really cool to see later. 

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Love the slideshow, Lisa! And thanks for sharing your regrets. I need to keep as much of that in mind as possible.

Finding our photographer was really hard. We had to find someone my FI was comfortable with. If he's uncomfortable while being photographed, he takes some really weird looking pictures. Like, really weird. So we ended up going with someone we both know who lives a few hours away. She's expensive, but I think FI's comfort is worth it. Plus, I want good pictures. And I don't think that's too much to ask for.

I don't really have a list of "must have's" yet. I should maybe get around to that ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and here's the website for our photographer:

http://www.fotonovella.net/
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a list of "must haves" but I know I just want a ton of pictures!

I LOVE my photographer!!: www.poirierweddingphotography.com

They love bright colors and spontaneous shots which really vibes with us!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I want one for sure of me and the Groomsmen!!! They are very close to me and a lot of the reason that FI and I are together... They mean so much to me! 
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Our "must-take" picture is us holding hands around a door.  Our entire wedding party is meeting up to pray ~15 minutes before the ceremony, so we'll take it then. (Rachel has posted a similar picture from her friends' wedding in a previous post)

I want a shot of FI's face when he sees me the first time.  We only have 1 photographer, so I might need to talk to someone I know will be closer to the front to get that one. :)

I also want a 4-generations picture with my great-grandmother, grandmother, and cousins on dad's side.

Photographer: http://sarahabbottphotography.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a link to my must takes:  linky

Some might be hard though because it's been raining all week (over 10 inches of rain) and is only suppose to stop Wednesday and Thursday, then rain again allllll weekend.  :P  So I told FI we'd have to renew our vows there.  :)

Edit:  Here's the link to her website: linky

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't gotten my slideshow pics yet but look forward to sharing them with everyone when I do get them! I like candid photos. I asked our photographer to tell a story with thte pics in addtion to taking the "must haves". I like the candid shots because those are the pics that you least expect and where you can get natural reactions rather thanposed ones.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are getting married at the same place where he proposed to me, so we know we defiantly want a picture in that same spot. We also want a picture on the staircase

here is a link to the photographer's website. Harleene is going to be our photographer and we are so excited to be working with her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding photographer is a family friend who takes GREAT pictures but it will be her first wedding. I was a little nervous by my FMIL (who is the one who knows her work) says that she is amazing and has lots of ideas! 
    I really like more candid pictures. i dont consider myself SUPER photogenic...so standing and smile posing for 100 shots doesn't sound to great for me. lol. 

i definately want a picture of my FI when i am walking down the aisle. (: and just various pictures of the wedding and my guests as well as us all having fun at the reception. also OF COURSE of first kiss! since we're waiting. (:
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_qotw-week-of-424-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8bc4ca3d-2230-47b7-a8d6-b502650e47afPost:5a694c2f-f2ec-4fe6-8cc3-eac1bff3f3b2">Re: QOTW - Week of 4/24 - Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]also OF COURSE of first kiss! since we're waiting. (:
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Yep...3 of my bridemaids bought dresses with pockets just so they could whip out their cameras for our kiss...most of our friends and some of our family know it will be our first ever so we should have some good shots of that.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards