Washington-Seattle
Options

NWR- Does UPS deliever to gated communities?

We are moving and it's a gated community and I am just wondering how I am suppose to get the rest of the items I need to order in the mail. Does anyone have any experience with this? TIA

Re: NWR- Does UPS deliever to gated communities?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on how your gate/community operates.  If there's a guard at the entrance during their delivery hours, I would imagine so - I'm sure the guards usually allow delivery trucks in.  MOH and I lived in a gated community for our first apt together and it wasn't guarded (gates automatically closed) but the gates were left open during the day and would close in the evening.  You could try to call UPS and ask about their policy with that.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of them let the drivers through...it's usually the same person every day (just like USPS and other delivery people) so the people at the gate get to know them. I guess in super secure (or smaller) communities they might call up to make sure you're expecting something. Or if there's an unmanned gate, I suppose they'd buzz you (might be able to set it up so you can buzz people in remotely on your phone) or may have a universal code.

Alternately, there may be a concierge service. In one of our former apartments, the concierge people signed for all packages and just left us a note that we had something and then we'd pick it up from them. It was actually rather nice because we didn't have to worry if we'd be traveling, whereas now we have to worry about packages being left at our door or, worse, being returned to sender because they came three times for a signature and we weren't there.

I'm sure if you ask, they can let you know how they handle it. I don't think they're going to say, "Oh no, no packages here!" =p
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the information but it is not attended it is for 8 houses. Maybe it is left open during the day? But I really doubt it.

• Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a keypad?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, there is a key pad and home owners (or renters) will have a remote sensor in their car. How would they get the #. Like if I order something online?
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think there's some sort of manual universal code (that's usually what the firefighters and police use if needed).

How do you let friends in?
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there's a gated community near my house that has a locked bock near it that says "outside vendors".....i've never snooped near the box, but i assume that's how they get in... any indications of a hidden key anywhere?
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The apt complex I lived in had a keypad and a sensor for the car like you described.  The way that community's keypad worked was they would type in the unit number and the box would call your home phone (or whatever phone number was linked to it - in our case one of our cells) and from there you can talk to the person wanting in and push a button on your keypad which allowed them in.  As the landlord or HOA how that works - they should have a good idea.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest just asking one of your new neighbors! :) But I agree I'm sure they can dial a code you could have to your cell and you could remotley buzz them in. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards