Christian Weddings
Options

Bras

I'm wondering why I've been getting so much email spam and seeing so many bra commercials on TV lately?  Are women all of the sudden having difficulty finding the right bra?  Anyone else noticing this trend?

And just for fun, a poll

Re: Bras

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a 32A, I'm always having troubling finding sizes (no, not everyone is busty like your models, Victoria's Secrets). So I don't mind if they advertise to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:9996ef33-ca1a-401c-b845-fb8793effa0f">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a 32A, I'm always having troubling finding sizes (no, not everyone is busty like your models, Victoria's Secrets). So I don't mind if they advertise to me!
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    I'm a 36A, so I'm right there with you.  And you know, I wouldn't mind so much being an A if I weighed 110.  And I wouldn't mind weighing 1*coughcough* if I had C's to match, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha - you girls crack me up.

I worked for VS after college and had some pretty interesting experiences there.  I am also on the smaller side. My sister is a D and mom is DD (mom was F before she lost weight - now she's about a size 12 with DDs).  I'm way happier being an A than I would be if I was a DD!!!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, very true.  Lisa, you might have had this experience at VS, but whenever I go there, they keep sending me to Pink!  I keep thinking, "Ugh, I don't want a training bra.  I'm a WOMAN."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is pink?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and G - sent you a PM but it says it went to NA - did you get anything?
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I usually try to match my bra to my underwear and I also try to match it to my outfit.. but that has more to do with me being OCD than trying to be "sexy" considering no one will be seeing what's underneath my clothes except my H. 

Ever since early college when my friends and I fell in love with VS I've been playing the "matching game". I definitely don't look anything like their models, but I do love their collections since they're higher quality and last a long time and fit me great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa-- Pink is VS's collegiate line that carries a lot bras, panties, and loungewear catered towards high school and college aged girls. I have some sweats and pajama pants from the pink line and I used to love to collect the little doggies that would come free with a Pink purchase.. I have issues :-P
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, I got your message.  Sent you one right back.  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's expensive too match every bra to every panty I have. I try but it's hard

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they're a blessing or a curse but I'm a 34 DD. Victoria Secret bras do absolutely NOTHING for my "girls" but I've found a lot of great European bras that are pretty and get the job done! ;)

Most of the time my bras and panties don't match. They will match if I'm going somewhere special (not that I'm taking my clothes off but just that it makes me feel fancier!) or if it's our anniversary/FI's birthday, etc. 

I like when my bras and panties match but I typically don't worry about it! FI is the only one who see me and he never cares.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a 34D! I don't currently have matching bras or panties. When I get married I do plan on matchng them on occasion, because then I'll have somebody to show them off to ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:b4d32fbe-867c-4f68-92f6-7eaabc21beb8">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I  I like when my bras and panties match but I typically don't worry about it! FI is the only one who see me and he never cares.</strong>
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree 110%!</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    I'm a 32D. VS has nothing but grandma bras for me! I know better than to even look for bras there anymore.

The only time I've ever matched my bra and panties is for homecoming and prom in high school. And no one even saw them. Maybe I'll do that more after I'm married. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to be a 34B but now thanks to BC I'm a 34B/C lol.  It's difficult to find a bra NOW unless it's a sports bra (which I've been living in, poor DH) because I pop out of the Bs which is so uncomfortable for me, and the Cs gap.  :(  But since I've been living in "sports bra" world, I've been matching my "sporty" underwear to them so at least I still match.  The only time I don't really match is when I'm on my period because I just don't care.  :P  Clint says he doesn't care but I know he likes it when I do.

I do love Victoria's Secret though.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a very difficult time finding my size in stores. The only physical place that carries 32D in my area is VS. And even then the selection is pricey and not always what I want.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:95228434-68c6-481d-8ba7-15cd318003e3">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a 32D. VS has nothing but grandma bras for me! I know better than to even look for bras there anymore. The only time I've ever matched my bra and panties is for homecoming and prom in high school. And no one even saw them. Maybe I'll do that more after I'm married. :)
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

We are size twins!! :D
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:42fff880-8e6f-4c6b-85cd-09516a2a8799">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bras : We are size twins!! :D
    Posted by drama1308[/QUOTE]

Wooo!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha GJones, I buy the Pink bras from VS because they are SO much cheaper than the regular VS ones. The only time I ever buy the regular ones is if it's the semi-annual sale. 

And summerkutie- I love Pink stuff, especially the sweats. BUT I have been out of college for 4 years. Does that mean I need to stop wearing it? Haha. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Haha GJones, I buy the Pink bras from VS because they are SO much cheaper than the regular VS ones. The only time I ever buy the regular ones is if it's the semi-annual sale.  And summerkutie- I love Pink stuff, especially the sweats. <strong>BUT I have been out of college for 4 years. Does that mean I need to stop wearing it?</strong> Haha. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

NO!!  :)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's no way I can match bras to unders.  I'm a 40 GG, finding bras at all is a production, let alone bras that match my undies!  Not to mention, at $60+ each, my supply of bras is limited.
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahah, no worries.  Wasn't insulting anyone's interest in Pink.  I just get frustrated that VS expects women to have big bra sizes in order to wear some of their "adult" lingerie. I can totally see Pink being great for casual wear.  But if you want something special if you know what I mean, you're not going to find it at Pink.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha I still wear "Pink" line stuff! :) I also wear pretty much exclusively VS underwear/bras. For the longest time I wore the wrong size but I was finally sized correctly.

I even wear the "pink" bras, they aren't training bras (at least not all of them) and they always have the brightest colors, and I love that!!! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For those who have a hard time finding bra's in your size, have you ever been to Soma intimates? They have a GREAT selection of sizes. They also have a web-site if there isn't a store near you. I got some from them yesterday!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:8e334167-5193-42c7-be93-b2f24dacb1d9">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]And summerkutie- I love Pink stuff, especially the sweats. BUT I have been out of college for 4 years. Does that mean I need to stop wearing it? Haha. 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

Haha nope! I've been out of college for 5 years and I still rock the sweats and loungewear ;0)

I just haven't purchased anything new from that line in a while, to be honest it's more that I haven't looked around than feeling like "I can't buy that stuff anymore".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All you ladies with too much boobage need to loan me some.  I'm a 36A WITH BCPs and a push-up bra, lol!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a 30-32B.  try finding a "30" size band in stores anywhere.  "34"s are way too big in the band.  VS carries them in stores sometimes, but it's a VERY limited selection.  Target sometimes has things in that size as well, although they don't last as long. 
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Considering I'm not even an A I can never find things at an "adult" store. I tend to have to buy the cheap girl bras at Target or something like that. I guess on the plus side, I don't spend much money on bras....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:d03ea54d-3bfe-4615-a239-c23961eb38eb">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]All you ladies with too much boobage need to loan me some.  I'm a 36A WITH BCPs and a push-up bra, lol!
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

I don't even want to know what BC would do to my boobs... -.-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:d03ea54d-3bfe-4615-a239-c23961eb38eb">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]All you ladies with too much boobage need to loan me some.  I'm a 36A WITH BCPs and a push-up bra, lol!
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

If only there was a way! ;)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards