Christian Weddings
Options

Bras

2»

Re: Bras

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:f6bd4bab-7514-4564-a314-b55cf866cd70">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bras : I don't even want to know what BC would do to my boobs... -.-
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

I was 32C before BCP and 32D after.. .but I've known people who didn't grow.

Oh and I have non-granny 32D bras from VC. I LOVE LOVE LOVE angels by victoria's sectret bras, in fact I just picked one up at the semi-annual sale. They are super comfortable, and I don't really realize I'm wearing anything.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BCP's did absolutely nothing for my boobage... I've been the same size since high school and have been on the pill since the summer between freshman and sophomore year of college *sigh*.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely HATE bra shopping. I try to avoid it if at all possible, since it usually ends in tears and me leaving with the one bra in the whole store that fits me right and isn't too bright/patterned/lacy to wear under my shirts. ;) This means I have very few bras to begin with. I can choose between them matching with my underwear or actually having support. I choose support. ;) (And, ironically, my new swimsuit actually gives me better support than some of my bras - who knew?)

And by the way, Victoria's Secret, 38C and 36D are NOT equivalent sizes. They don't fit anywhere near the same - so give me the size I ask for, please. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]All you ladies with too much boobage need to loan me some.  I'm a 36A WITH BCPs and a push-up bra, lol!
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

My sister jokes about that all the time!!  She's got big big boobs and they're way uneven.  She asked me one day for a pair of socks and I gave them to her, thinking she'd put them on her feet (silly me).  She rolled them over and stuffed them in her left boob!!  I was like, "Um....you can keep them."  :)  She always wishes she could take the extra from her right boob and give it to me.  :P 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BCP did nothing for me. I lost a lot a weight a couple years ago and went down 2 cup sizes. My "girls" are the part of me that I am most self conscious about Undecided

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:b4d32fbe-867c-4f68-92f6-7eaabc21beb8">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if they're a blessing or a curse but I'm a 34 DD. Victoria Secret bras do absolutely NOTHING for my "girls" but I've found a lot of great European bras that are pretty and get the job done! ;) Most of the time my bras and panties don't match. They will match if I'm going somewhere special (not that I'm taking my clothes off but just that it makes me feel fancier!) or if it's our anniversary/FI's birthday, etc.  I like when my bras and panties match but I typically don't worry about it! FI is the only one who see me and he never cares.
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

can you share your stores? because we are pretty much the same size.  VS does not work for me. period.  I have finally found some bras that work but they are not really in the cute category.  It would be nice to have comfy bras that were cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    Aggiebug!  I don't remember seeing any pictures from your wedding but your siggy pic is awesome!  Do you have other pics yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha this convo is cracking me up! I lost weight in the past year, which is great BUT it made my bra size go down, and who has the money to keep buying new bras all the time? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Haha this convo is cracking me up! I lost weight in the past year, which is great BUT it made my bra size go down, and who has the money to keep buying new bras all the time? 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh I know!!  I hated the "change bra size every summer" when I was a younger.  I thought I was over it until BC came along lol.  But I do love surprising DH with a new matching set!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should get some matching sets and see if DH notices.  He is usually good at noticing things but I don't know if he would actually say anything.

I think when I worked at VS (which was 17 years ago - wow, I'm old), I might have had a few sets.  I know I bought a lot of bras there but I don't remember if I bought matching panties since I really preferred the cotton panties. 

So, personal shopper - how about showing me some matching sets that I might be able to get online?  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I meant to say earlier that BCP never affected my size.  Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_bras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:a97cc8d6-8aa0-4d7e-8ead-fb9970099cd0Post:02b574bf-16b4-4507-8bd6-966d24354182">Re: Bras</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should get some matching sets and see if DH notices.  He is usually good at noticing things but I don't know if he would actually say anything. I think when I worked at VS (which was 17 years ago - wow, I'm old), I might have had a few sets.  I know I bought a lot of bras there but I don't remember if I bought matching panties since I really preferred the cotton panties.  <strong>So, personal shopper - how about showing me some matching sets that I might be able to get online?  </strong>
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

<div>yes!</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personal shopper is Beth, right? Beth, I think you have a new job! You should start advertising your personal shopper business around your town! Bet you'll make a small fortune! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's Beth!  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted no, but after I started thinking about it I do - but not on purpose. 90% of my bras are solid white and 90% of my underwear are solid white. So, I guess about 90% of the time, I match. I don't plan it that way, I just reach in my drawer and grab something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards