Christian Weddings

Three Strand Cord

I ordered mine from God's Knot and it came yesterday. I'd say that on a scale of 1-10 I think it's like a 6. I am considering sending it back and attempting to make my own but at the same time I think that it's nice enough and saves me the time/effort.

Did anyone else order one? What were your thoughts? For those who made their own, was it difficult?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Three Strand Cord

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I ordered ours last week and I think it's fine.  Making it myself would just add another DIY project, so ordering it was the best option for us.  It's a little shorter than I was expecting, and the ring is a tad bigger, but those aren't biggies at all.
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from there too - I guess Im like fpaemp2011 - i dont need another project - lol!  It works for me:-)!  But they always say to each their own!  I think I have enough projects I'm trying right now, so I'm happy with what i got.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIY'd ours and could not figure out how to nicely tie the cord around the ring so I ended up having 6 strands (2 of each color - there were only 3 pieces of cord but to get it to nicely tie around the ring, I had two strands for each color hanging down).  We ended up not using it because I forgot to ask my Mom where it was and when we got to that point in the ceremony, I wasn't about to turn around and ask her in front of everyone.  So we skipped it!  But when we got home, we braided it and it is now hanging in our home.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I think you girls are right. I think I'm keeping it. I'm honestly not crafty enough to make anything better. My sister thought it was too short too but I think it's okay because people aren't going to want to wait forever while we braid. :) Thanks for the feedback. I feel better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards