Christian Weddings

Week of 4/24 - Prayers

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  Please feel free to share any prayer requests or praises.  And have a great week!

Re: Week of 4/24 - Prayers

• edited December 2011

Praise - I was able to go to the doctor last week ! - all of them!  Dentist, podiatrist (foot doc), and regular doctor!  WOOT!  No problems so far.  Very pleased with that result. 

Prayer - We're back at school after spring break.  The students have mock-end-of-grade testing the first three days of this week... so that means that they're a bit chaotic when they come to exploratory classes.  The exploratory teachers are all administering tests, so we get VERY little planning time compared to the core teachers, and we actually have more "preps" (classes) than the core teachers.  It's a bit difficult to make it through each day for that reason, but also because the job has almost no job satisfaction or contentment, and I'm more peaceful about it than I was, but it is just a struggle to make it through each day without feeling depressed or down about the whole thing.

Praise ... always wrap it up with a praise, right??!!?!  Well, I found some job openings at other schools, and I'm sending my resume and application to those schools.  At least there are openings posted this year and not a hiring freeze.  I may not have a huge shot at the jobs, but at least it gives me some hope that my situation has a chance of changing for the better!! :-)

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Prayer- My parents and FILs don't see eye to eye and it's stressing me out. Be praying God will guide us and direct us on how to handle the situation.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Prayer: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_urgent-prayerstory

Prayer:  That I am patient and understanding.  I'm suppose to get married outside Sunday at a spring, but it's been raining non-stop for a 4 days (they have over 10 inches of rain) and it may let up Wednesday and Thursday, but then is suppose to rain all through Sunday.  So we may have to move the wedding indoors.  I am bummed, but God must have a reason.  Well I also just found out that where we'd be holding the wedding if moved, and where the reception is, they only allow one dance.  I'm going to call all of the places today and get all the facts and talk with them, I'm just praying that God keep me patient and peaceful as everything falls apart, and praying for understanding.  Also that His will be done for our wedding.

Praise:  God's grace is AMAZING!!  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of Fi's committed suicide and Fi is very upset over this. I'm not sure on details of when he died or why. All I know is that he did it himself. It comes as a shock to Fi because he wasn't the kind of person to do that. He left behind a wife, two daughters and a church family that will greatly miss him. Fi isn't talking much to me right now but I'm hoping he will open up.Be praying for everyone who knew this man and for his family. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw Leah that is so sad.  Definitely praying for people who knew and loved the guy to find peace despite the sadness of what happened.  
  • edited December 2011
    Leah- that is so sad. I will pray for his family and your FI and for all people who think that is the answer. So sad. 

B2B- ahh that stinks! I will say a prayer that, no matter what, you LOVE your wedding day! 
  • edited December 2011
    Prayers- My cousin that is supposed to be one of our FGs her dad lost his job... :/ so there is a chance that they won't have time to save up the money for all three of them to fly to Indiana from California next March.

Prayers- I am going to my Uncle's FI bridal shower this weekend which is a praise. The down side is I have to see my mom's boyfriend whom I can't stand. He is not a Christian and thinks that all Christians need to be perfect all the time. Not strive to be perfect but literally be perfect. He thinks that I use my mom and only sees one side of things his side. Worse part is that he lives with my mom and only wants her for himself and so I can't even visit with her with out his nose in what we are doing. So of course he thinks I am using my mom by asking for her to pay for things for the wedding... And I'm like excuse me she's my mother and wants to pay for things they just have to be the little things... GRRRRRR 

Praise~ I hear birds chirping and see leaves on the trees!!! 
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leah sorry to hear about that and everyone else who is going through a difficult time. My prayer is that you all find peace and shelter in your time of storm.

Prayer- My H and I are trying to have a baby. It is not happening as soon as I would like it to but I ask prayer for patience and allowing God to do His will in our lives. I am also asking prayers for our home situation which is currently in limbo. We may or may not have a home by May 15th so I am asking prayers for that.

Praise - I just want to give Jesus a high note of praise just for who He was, is and is to come! I thank the Lord for my health, my child's health, my husband's health and my family and friend's health. May they continue to walk in their blessings as satan always tries to bring us down. I also give thanks for the know and my sisters in Christ!
  • edited December 2011
    specific prayer -- I found an opening for a music teacher at an elementary school that I was TRYING to get the job LAST summer, but the teacher (who was intending to retire) was convinced to stay on for one more school year.  Alas, the opening has re-appeared, maybe her retirement is final this time?  Anyway..... I'm applying, and going 100% for it!  Prayers for the right door to open for me would be amazing and very appreciated!!!!  
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praise!  For the last few days my feet have been so itchy.  Last week I had started taking a new allergy med because I had been taking a medication that has no generic so it was expensive.  This new med is not working so I called the doctor this morning to ask to switch back.  They said they would call back but didn't.  I called a 2nd time and they said the doctor said she cannot issue another prescription but when I explained my situation again, they said they would call me back.  They didn't call again and when I called for the 3rd time, they were closed.  So I called their other office and here are my praises:

1.  The other office had a 20-day supply of samples so I got them tonight - FREE!
    2.  The office found a discount card where I can get the prescription for about the same as the generic!

I'm so glad the 1st office didn't call me back.  Now I'm just waiting for the meds to kick in.  My feel itch so badly!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards