Washington-Seattle
Options

Introduction

I've been using "the knot" for a while but haven't been active on the boards.  My wedding is July 30, 2011 and I suddenly realized it's going to come up quick! 

We just changed our venue from outdoors at a state park to a church (long story, but less nerve-wracking place).  We are having 1 attendant each, and inviting about 200 people.  This is his frist non-elopment wedding and my first wedding - we are both over 40 (okay, closer to 50 - LOL).  My two youndest nieces will be candle lighters and a friend will sing during the wedding (guitar and maybe piano).  We also will have piano for the prelude, processional and recessional.

The reception will be "traditional" i.e. cake, coffee, punch, nuts & mints and there will be some toasts with sparking cider (dry wedding) and a first dance.

I'm feeling very overwhelmed in trying to plan things.  My fiance is great but wants me to give a couple choices only, my matron-of-honor (sister) lives out of state.  Keep trying to visualize what I want but keep coming up blank.  Deep breathing does help.  :)

Re: Introduction

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, deep breaths will help! It can be overwhelming, but you're doing things right, just one step at a time... Sounds like you have a lot of the most important things down already! Your wedding sounds like it will be very special!

Welcome to the board and feel free to ask anything!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  Feel free to share any of your ideas with us if you need some input, and feel free to vent on here too!  Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards