Washington-Seattle

Poll: pet-names

Backstory: FI just got up & sad he wanted a bowl of fruit loops.  I yelled, "I want fruit loops!" at him.  I don't usually like cereal, especially if it is really sugary.  However, it sounded like dessert, and I was really thirsty so the milk sounded good too.  Since he's a nice fiance, he brought me a bowl of fruit loops.  When he handed it to me, I said "Thanks Stunkapotomus".

Stunkapotomus is one of the nicknames/pet-names I have for FI.  It's derived from his main nickname, Stinky, which has nothing to do with the way he smells, but came from when I used to call him "Stinkface" as a term of endearment.  He now also calls me Stinky.  Sometimes we also use "Stinks" or "Stunks" (the latter came about after a texting typo).

So...  what are your unusual nicknames or pet-names for eachother?  Don't be embarrassed, I just shared Stunkapotomus with you.  =)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: pet-names

• edited December 2011
    FI calls me bubblebutt or booboo. I usually call him booble. lol
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• edited December 2011
    Honestly, we don't have any for each other. :P  I call my oldest cat Babygirl. My family was never big on sweet nicknames I guess and neither was his?  I remember FI once called me "Babe" and I probably gave him an odd look when he did.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirl, I think that's why ours are so weird.  We're not the "baby" "honey" "sweetie" types (I'm not knocking anyone that is, it's just not us).  So we're both "Stinks".  
    After I wrote this poll though, I realized that my pet has weird pet names too.  Most notably, "Ho-bag" because she likes to lay upside down with her legs wide open.  It's sad, because now she actually responds to "Ho-bag".Embarassed
  • alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

tygirl- that is beyond strane to me sice that all we really call eachother is babe or honey actually we hardly call each other by our names and if we do we usually give eachother a odd look LOL

I have names for everyone in the house

tanner is tuff or bug but more bug when he was a baby sometimes t-bird
    brooklyn has tons. brookey b, bee, honey bee, brooketini, baby girl, baby sis
    and trav (FI) I call babycakes, legs, bear, peavy, and trav I guess nothing too funny. Now I am gonna think of one and call him it all the time. Travs crazy cousin used to call her boyfriend princess. I am not joking at all I ran into her at safeway once and she called him it then!

• alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    strane - strange

we are that type but not overly or in front of people. It is one of my biggest pet peeves when people keep calling eath other baby over and over all gushy in front of me! puke
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI calls me Smalls.  It's a character in the Sandlot who's always inadvertently getting things wrong or making life difficult for the other kids (the quote is, "Yer killin me, Smalls.").  :)  

Our dog's nickname is Stinks - he earns it, tho.
  • edited December 2011
    There is an 8 year age difference between FI and me and we have always joked about it. So I often refer to him as "old man". We also call eachother "mama bear" and "papa bear", we don't have any kids yet, but we call the cats "brother bear" and "baby bear". Man that really makes me feel like we need to get a life, haha.
    My Planning Bio image
    176 invited image 92 Joinin in image 56 Missin out image 29 Slackers image RSVP Date: August 27th
  • Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We call each other "love" most often (he started it... I blame his childhood in a heavily British-influenced African country!). We also do the "honey/hon", "darling", "sweetheart/sweetie" thing. I used to say "babe/baby" all the time, but we've moved on from that (he says that he thinks it sounds like I should be smacking gum in a diner when I say it! Hahaha). 

He calls me bunny, after the episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica "make" each other presents, including Phoebe's sock "rabbit". :)
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's more of a nickname than a pet name - but i call FI Hootie....and i wasn't even the one who came up with the name.  My friend (and his co-worker) that set us up called him Hootie because she said whenever she saw him at work, either a  Hootie and the Blowfish song or that song Delilah by the Plain White Ts would be playing.  Since he was new, she was like "you need a nickname.  it's either going to be Delilah or Hootie."  So he chose Hootie.  Unfortunately, the first time he met many of my other friends,i introduced him as Hootie - so they thought that was his real name (or nickname). 

As for pet names, i do call him honey, and after seeing the Handsome Men's Club skit on Jimmy Kimmel, i call him "my big handsome" which he hates.  I guess i'm evil, because i also call him "mofo" as a pet name. 

He always calls me "babe" which i really hate - especially when he calls me that in front of mmy parents...it just seems weird!
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H makes up so many nicknames, he's like constantly making up names. French fry, melissac123, melika, just random names I can't even think of right now. I call him mokes, mokey, in my phone his numbers are "King Mike" and "King berry," lol. (About 5 years ago he changed his number in my phone to King Mike secretly so when he called that's what would pop up...I thought it was funny so I left it. Then when he got a BlackBerry I added King Berry, hahah.)
  • edited December 2011
    I call him baby, booga, boog, boo, daddy(when telling the dog to go see daddy), C,

He calls me baby, sexy, and other inappropriate things. He also calls me mama when telling the dog to come see me. :)

We NEVER call eachother our first names. Its sorta weird because when we do, it is because we are trying to get eachother's attention or we're mad at eahcother...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarack - we do the exact same thing with our dogs, lol! 

For some reason nicknames have never been able to stick with me.  He does call me sweatpea, sweetie, babe.. the usual suspects, lol.

I call him babe, or just use his last name.  When we first started officially dating I called him boss because when we met nearly 3 years ago he was, well, my boss.  No worries, though.  There was no hanky panky while we worked together, we didn't even admit that we had feelings for eachother until about 10 months after I moved 2000 miles away, lol.
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We call each other bear. I'm aerobear. He's derobear. He also calls me muffin or puffin, I'm not really sure why. I'm trying to get him to agree to legally change our last name to Mr. and Mrs Bear when we  get married, but so far no dice.

He also calls me something-pants bear. Like cranky pants bear. Or hungry pants bear. Or crying pants bear.

We don't use honey, sweetie, darling, or love for some reason. No idea why not. ^^
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    edited December 2011
    Same as sarack and adeline, we refer to each other as mama or daddy w/ the dog.

The dog is Sophie and her nick names have gone from Soda Pac, to Soda, Sodie, Soder, Scoder Boder and other variations of that.  Same with our nick names.

We rarely call each other by our names, when he does, its very strange.  Like with the dog, we start with nick names and they keep changing until they turn into totally random things like boo boo da scoo scoo, booder scooder, stinky minky, etc.  I can't think of all of them right now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennlinjennlin member
    edited December 2011
    we're definitely mommy & daddy for our furbabies...

i usually call H "husband" (before, i used to call him "fiance", or "boyfriend"), and sometimes, if he remembers, he'll call me "wife"..otherwise, it's just "jenn". we have "official" nicknames "gummi bear" & "gummi worm", which is engraved on the inside of our rings, but we don't *actually* use those names.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are the usually Mommy and Daddy when talking to Ivankitty.

Dreamwinds, yay more bear people! With each other, we do use honey..but it's actually an abbreviation of the Honey Bear. Hahah, the first vacation we took together was to Vancouver and at a pub, we had the most amazing beer off tap that was Sleeman Honey Brown Beer. And I would call him a bear because he was cranky without coffee, and it morfed into Honey Brown Bear. As a result, that has turned into all sort of thing like Honey Bunches of Oats (me to FI), Snurggly Bear, Schmoopy Bear. We also use Puppy derivatives, which started because in my dad's family, when we had a lazy day where we didn't feel like changing out of our PJs and just wanted to read and drink tea or what have you, we called it a puppy day. So now we're very frequently PuppyBear. Oh yeah, and it's kind of fallen out of usage but we used to use Nummy Bear (from when I would make up a silly song using the Gummi Bears theme song but replace with nummy because FI's neck is nummy to kiss.)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're mom and dad for our cat.

"Sweetie" and "Sweetheart" are the two most common. She calls me "Sweetie" and I call her "Sweetheart". FIe used to use "nubbins" a lot but it's gone out of style. I tried to make "Schmoopie" stick since that's a Seinfeld reference but she didn't watch the show so she just thinks it's dumb.

When we're annoyed but not actually mad at each other I call her "jerkface" or "jerkwad". She hasn't found one there that she's stuck with.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011

Oh yeah, we totally call each other mom and dad when talking to the cats.  And now that I think about it Jasmine is also called Jammin'.  Jasper's main nicknames are Monkeycat and Sid (the sloth).  And now that I think about it my family does have a couple nicknames for me, but neither FI or I ever really started using nicknames on each other.  It'll be intersting to see if we ever do start.  I'm not opposed to them, we just haven't done it.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love all of these!  I think it's great how nicknames morph into totally different names.  We definitely are mommy/daddy to the dog.  Sometimes it's Bad Mommy or Bad Daddy, as in: "Get the Bad Daddy!"  Also, "Bad Dog-daddy" if someone forgets to fill the water bowl...
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @KST_ Omg, we love Sleeman's honey brown. It's not the same in the bottle though. Really good on tap. Sometimes at the border coming in to the US (truck crossing not Peace Arch), they have cases of the stuff. and I totally agree on necks being nummy to kiss. There's this really yummy smell he has right at the neck but maybe that's tmi. <3
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011

We're mama and papa to pups Noodle, Noodley, Noods, Buddy, Bug and to kitty Charlie, Sir Charles Snow Paws III, Furball, Fluff Buddy.

We usually call eachother babe or just cute, like "hey cute".  FI calls me Panda cause I'm cuddly and pale with dark hair.  He also likes MF - which stands for mucous factory.  Sexy I know, it's cause my nose never stops being sniffly and I think I'm allergic to the cat.  Or MF Stumpsalot, the stumps is for being short.

I call FI Monkey for various reasons.  He latches onto my side a lot and he got a very lifelike monkey mask for a new year's gag gift. 

• edited December 2011
    Were Mom & Dad to pup Zorro...who is only called Zorro when he is a bad dog or needs to come in the house, otherwise its dumbdumb or ZorZor.

Fi's whole life his nickname was Joely (note the L).  I called him Joey - just to be different - while we were in high-school and it stuck.  Now is whole family calls him Joey, but when he intros himself - its Joel.  We usually use babe or babyshakes.  When I'm in another room he calls me WOMAN!  and Jerk is usually my reply.
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    We also do not call each other by our real names. If it happens its only when we are in an argument or something. It's really weird to hear him call me Miranda or me call him Mike.

Our nicknames are pretty basic tho. He calls me boo or babyboo. And I just call him baby. He also calls us "The M&M connection" because both our names start with M and we actually plan on naming all of our kids M names because of this. I wish we had something more creative. Oh well. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards