Washington-Seattle

My POST

Being here for so long, I really can't believe my post is here! I tried to imagine how this time would feel and I knew I'd be nervous, exited and anxious, but I didn't know I'd also find myself looking forward to certain little random moments.

As crazy as it sounds, some of those moments wouldn't be happening without the help of you all. I can't even imagine how my wedding would be playing out if I hadn't found this crazy place and I am truly thankful for all of the recs, help and advice, for things WR and not.

I came here as a girl who had just left her family, friends and job to move out for the first time across the country to Seattle and plan a NJ wedding. All I imagined was a steady rain following me around. =) What I didn't imagine was that I'd be one of the crazy girls who read and posted here all the time. "Do all these girls know each other?? I don't get it!" I thought. But now I get it. =) At times we share more than we do with those in our "real lives" and in fact it was here that I turned to in those early days to share a story, vent or just chat, and I am so amazed by the help and friendships I've experienced here. You truly got me through those days when I didn't know a soul, and I think that's why I stayed multiple moves later...I'm not a Seattleite geographically, but I still have a place in my heart for the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for everything. See you on flip side!

Re: My POST

• edited December 2011
    That was beautifully written Melissa. I hope you have a wonderful day & an awesome party!  Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, super sweet!  Thank you!  And we're glad you're a part of the group!  You've contributed your fair share of great advice as well! Smile
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Awww... I agree with Tygirl. I think you are more help to us. Thanks for sharing and happy wedding day. I can't wait to hear all about it.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    That was very sweet! Can't wait to see pics and hear about your beautiful day! Have the time of your life! Next time we'll see you you'll be an OMH!!!!!!!!! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    You're so sweet. But I agree w/ pps about you being more help. I also can not wait to see how your beautiful day turns out!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Love it! And yes, i got hooked as an occasional poster, not even being engaged,  when i first started in 2003! The girls on the Knot, be it Seattle, Hawaii or elsewhere are fabulous.  I am thankful for TK as I start my wedding planning journey.

Have a WONDERFUL time and can't wait to see the pix!.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, that made me teary-eyed! I am sooo excited for your day!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You are a huge help to this board and like pp stated that was beautifully written! I cannot wait to see pics of you fabulous NYE wedding!!! Happy New Year!!!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're right, the ladies (and gentleman) on here are really cool.  We're lucky to have such a friendly and quick-witted community.

And, Congratulations!  I think yours is the first knottie wedding where I feel kinda invested since I've been reading your posts since summer.  I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics afterwards.  Have a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! You have a great time and party hard! And thanks for all the ideas and advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck! Hope your wedding runs smooth and great!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards